Yes, I bought one a few months ago (the 61-key variant).
- Many, Many possibilities indeed, like the Drawbar mode (the 8 sliders can act as drawbars), Grooves and the Arpeggiator.
- It is flexible: You can do almost everything with sounds and performances, I did only use a tiny bit of all functionality so far.
- The OS is far from stable, I do not use MIDI but the main problems seem to be in the area of MIDI and the Sequencer. I did not have any problems with just recording songs, but others reported lockups etc. There will be a new OS released in a few weeks I believe.
- The system is somewhat slow.
- The screen is small
- The keys of the 61 and I believe also the 76 key version give a "plastic" feeling. The 88 key version has weighted piano keys.
About sounds: I did not hear any other sounds than only from GEM instruments (I used the WS, WX and S before). They are OK in my opinion, even the Piano, but most of the other users dislike the Piano.
Do I like the Equinox? Shortly: Yes, it is a dream of a machine with only a few flaws. But: I'm only a home-user, most of the users would use the MIDI stuff, I don't.