SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152728 - 01/10/05 11:47 AM New bag for Tyros?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mine's worn out, probably because it was too snug to start with. What are you using?
DonM

#152729 - 01/10/05 12:56 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Hello Don,
Untill recently I used a rockbag which was ok, but a bit risky as you continously have to watch out that you cannot put anything else on top.
Since a couple of weeks I use a bag made from kevlar with thick foam inside (like flightcases)so you have protction for the knobs.
Flightcases are no option for me due to the weight, so the Kevlar case/bag is an excellent alternative as it is very light weight.
I have no idea or these cases can be found in usa (they are made in Poland) but If you like I can send a mail to the importer and ask him. (just let me know.)
They make any size.

Fred

#152730 - 01/10/05 01:04 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Fred. Maybe if you give me the name, I can search for it. Sounds interesting.
I need light weight also!
DonM

#152731 - 01/10/05 01:27 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Hey Don-

My Tyros bag is about to bite the dust as well, the zipper has separated away from one of the corners and all of my metal zipper pieces have popped off. I have to slide my hand around the seal to open the case now, lol...

I've looked at the KACES III which run about $120 or so, but I'm afraid to throw good money after bad. SKB makes some top quality cases, but they are rather pricey. Gator cases are almost as expensive...

How did your bag start to break down?

Bill

#152732 - 01/10/05 02:05 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
That's a great price for this bag. My bag is constructed the same way, however, it does not have wheels and a retractable handle, and it cost me nearly $150 10 years ago. I might have to upgrade!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#152733 - 01/10/05 03:22 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

Donny your laying down on the job{PICS}

#152734 - 01/10/05 03:36 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Whoa. I have to say I'm a bit surprised that you guys would put a top o' the line board like the Tyros in a soft, albeit padded, case.

About a year ago I bought an SKB hardshell case. I took my Korg from Canada to England and back in it - you know the sort of thing that goes on in airports, manhandling, drop-kicking, general everyday airport baggage abuse. That case came through with flying colours (sorry about the pun!).

Here's what I'm talking about:
http://www.skbcases.com/product/musical_instrument/keyboards/skb-4214w.html

[This message has been edited by renig (edited 01-10-2005).]

#152735 - 01/10/05 04:08 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA

This is a great case for shipping and keeping your board in-tact on a plane, but if DonM is like most of us, no one touches his equipment but him. Additionally, it tips the scales at nearly 18 pounds, which when added to the other stuff, including the keyboard's weight, makes a package that will exceed 50 pounds. For you youngsters that's a piece of cake, but for us old timers, that's just too heavy.

The semi rigid Ethyfoam sides and bottom of the Gator are pretty tough and the inch-thick, soft-foam top provides lots of protection during transportation in his and my van.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#152736 - 01/10/05 04:58 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Don

I use a Kaces Porter III KKP-9KB for my Tyros.

Interior 44.5x17x6.5
Exterior 48x19x9
Weight 17 lbs.

Fits quite well. I was able to get mine brand new from ebay for about $65 shipped.

I know some of the others use this one too.

This kevlar bag does sound interesting too.

Scott

#152737 - 01/10/05 06:41 PM Re: New bag for Tyros?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
I use a Kaces Porter III KKP-9KB for my Tyros.

Me 2

The only thing I don't like about the new Kases Porter design is its 'swivel' handle. Because it swivels freely, it has a tendancy to bang the back of your hand. I much prefered Kase's Porter older design with the fixed telescoping handle, as the swiveling handle makes it a little more akward to manuver. Other than that, the KKP-9KB is ruggedly constructed with lots of padding and and a great fit for the Tyros. I added a foam pad on top of the keyboard to provide added protection as well as secure a snug fit. I recommend the KKP-9KB because it has succesfully held up to 2 years of frequent use. Don, whatever you decide on, be sure to get a case with built in wheels. It makes KB transport a LOT easier & convenient.

Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online