SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#152494 - 03/27/01 04:43 PM New Os To 9000pro!!!???
Timor sakka Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi all.
I wonder if we can make the Yamaha programmer,s to fix so we can load sample sound banks from Akai Kurzweil Roland Cd roms on next Os upgrade so we dont heave to buy another psr 10,000 or ????? whatever!!!???
Can the Yamaha do the rigth thing & give the KB players a reason to heave 64 meg sample ram in 9000 kb,s?Please help all to get this wishes to Yamaha Dealers & the Yamaha gurus.
TNX.To gether 4 Ever.!!!!

#152495 - 04/02/01 04:42 AM Re: New Os To 9000pro!!!???
yilmaz_ali Offline

Loc: melbourne victoria Australia
I agree with you and think yamaha has cut down on its sampling features. I believe YAMAHA corp. could qiute easily make an os update on importing other ssample formats such as akai.
I have have 64 meg ram for sampling purposes
however the psr9000 won't allow me to use even half the sampling ram, due to having a limit on its number of sample imports.
EXAMPLE= you can only bring in certain amount
of sounds if you exceed that number the machine will ask you to delete other sounds in your sampling custom sounds, even though you still might have 50 meg ram still availble.
This cuts you down on making drum kits. This was the reason i bought the psr9000, so i could create several different kits.
Forget it impossible.
Then why have 64 meg ram stupid hey. Only
good if you import large samples which use lots of memory, like grooves or loops.

Please does any body have a solution for this problem. Any yamaha techs out there.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online