SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#152253 - 03/18/04 03:16 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Gary & Donny, please, if at all possible, be sure to take your Yamaha PSR2000/2100 keyboard over to the Uncle Dave show tonight and have him (or you) play the stereo 'Live Grand' acoustic piano voice going out mono to one Bose PAS, and report back what 'you' think it sounds like. Be sure to remember to play the keyboard with varying playing dynamics (loud, medium, and soft) as well. Thanks. - Scott

#152254 - 03/18/04 05:41 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cam8neel:
Maybe we need an East Coast Synth Zone Jam (hint, hint)?!? Anyone? Bueller?

Angelo

Angelooooooo ... start setting it up, man ... and maybe we should start with just the two of US !!! (sounds like a song title in there somewhere ...)
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-18-2004).]

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 03-18-2004).]

#152255 - 03/19/04 07:47 AM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, I forget to take my digital camera with my on this trip--too many other things on my mind. However, my wife says another trip will take place sometime in the near future and the camera will definitely be in the van.

As for being a guest performer, I never do that--it's just not something I'm comfortable doing, plus I learn a lot more by watching and listening than I would by performing. So, my 2000 stayed home as well.

The first leg of the trip was a 3 hour drive, that went quite smoothly. Nice sunny day and traffic was surprisingly light.

The Italian restaurant Dave played was very nice, divided into three rooms and the food was excellent. Dave is working in a very tight space, just a few feet between the front of the keyboard and the bar. The room has standard 8-foot ceilings, which meant the top of the sound colum was just a foot from the ceiling. The entire rig is quite compact and perfect for this venue. The 250-watt, powered sub was placed on the floor to Dave's right, while the Bose was on his left.

When he first fired it up, I was really impressed with the clarity. The sounds were incredibly crisp, clear and distinct. The sub was not overbearing, but instead provided excellent bass that could be felt throughout the entire restaurant.

The Bose tower, however, was unbelievable. I walked throughout the restaurant, around corners, behind particians, behind walls, and even into the rest-room and there was absolute no change in volume. The sound was the same no matter where you were. It didn't make any difference if you were 2 feet from the colum or 40 feet away and behind a wall, the sound was the same. I was almost as if Dave were hooked into a house sound system, but this was not the case. I even put my ear right against the colum and the volume was the same as it was across the room. Both Ray Bastianelli and myself were absolutely amazed it how the Bose was able to fill the entire room with sound equally.

I would love to hear this system in a large venue with 300 to 500 people, a gig the size that Donny plays on Thursday nights. Dave was using his KN-7000, and he has added a brand new laptop with a bright, vivid screen.

Also met up with Fran Carango and family at the Italian restaurant where Dave was performing. Fran's wife and daughter look like they could be sisters.

Next, we were off to Brick to meet up with Donny at the VFW for his usual Thursday night gig. Despite dire warnings of 6 to 10 inches of snow, the place was packed, the dancefloor was alive with throngs of people having lots of fun and those Barbetta's were pumping and thumping.

Donny is performing with the PSR-2000, a pair of Barbetta Sona 32-C's and all vocals are now fired directly through the 2K, using the onboard vocal processor. Everything was superb, the audience response was beyond your wildest dreams, and as usual, Donny's performance was top-drawer. Ray was thoroughly impressed with Donny's performance and said he'll probably return to see Donny sometime in the near future with his girlfriend and spend more time enjoying the music.

More to come...

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-19-2004).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#152256 - 03/19/04 09:25 AM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.. Thanks, Gary . obviously a GREAT time...
t.

#152257 - 03/19/04 01:12 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Angelooooooo ... start setting it up, man ... and maybe we should start with just the two of US !!! (sounds like a song title in there somewhere ...)
t.

"Well east-coast Synth-zone jams are hip,
the guys will all be there
They'll be pounding out chords from their favorite boards,
pretty girls will stop and stare.

I wish there could be an east coast jam,
I wish there could be an east coast jam!"

I gotta go back to work,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 03-19-2004).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#152258 - 03/19/04 01:56 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Gary, you mean that my daughter Candace looks "old"?

#152259 - 03/19/04 05:31 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
Dnj Offline

Last night was a blast......and I can't think of a better night out then eating a great first rate Italian Dinner including some unbelievable "Hoboken garlic bread" and being entertained by the fantastic Uncle Dave playing & singing all your favorite songs....& in addition to that for a second course, coming to the Jersey Shore and catching my Show. But most of all it was great to see Gary again & his buddy Ray. I wish we could have been able to spend much more time together. I tried to show off the 2k & Barbettas in every way possible for them in a large Dance crowd venue. I enjoy meeting and sharing
"this thing of ours" everytime I do it. If your ever in the Philadelphia, South Jersey shore area look us up... I consider myself very lucky to play/sing music for people for sure. I urge you all to go meet other musicians from the SZ or anyone that shares the "GIFT of Music" you'll feel better if you do!!!

------------------
www.donnypesce.com

#152260 - 03/19/04 06:22 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Sounds like you all had a blast!
I am of course green with envy but maybe one day I will get over there and catch all your shows. Boy that will be some tour!!

Best wishes
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

#152261 - 03/19/04 06:27 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
Dnj Offline

Common Tony we're ready for ya...I got that big Steak waiting & I'll buy the beer!!!!!!

#152262 - 03/19/04 07:32 PM Re: Road trip..................double header .tonight
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
[B]Sounds like you all had a blast!
I am of course green with envy but maybe one day I will get over there and catch all your shows. Boy that will be some tour!!

You may be even greener after you pig out on crawfish when you get to Louisiana.
Bring me some more of those "biscuits" when you come.
Don

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online