SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151441 - 04/17/05 08:02 AM free new sounds anyone?
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Hi all,
I am curious if someone here has collected all the free new sounds created for the psr 3000 that are posted weekly at http://www.arrangerworkstation.com/
I've d'loaded a few of the sets but am sure I do not have them all, and I would really appreciate if anyone has them all and would e-mail them to me. (see profile for e-mail)
I have been gleaning out a few here and there that sound good to me on my 2100.

Also in relation to these sounds, I have created a layer (using one of these new sounds and yammie preset) which I think is very expressive and playable and am willing to share it with anyone who write me asking for it.
Because it is a made of a tweaked user sound and is a "layer" that is so expressive, I think the only way I can send it for you to try, is to send you the user sound and a style with the layer combination saved in the ots. This may not be the only way, but it is the only way I can think of.
The resulting sound layer btw, is like a very very usable expressive wah wah guitar patch. A very fun patch to play on my 2100.

The style it is saved in (I am sorry I do not remember where I got the style and can not give credit), but it is not created by me and I hope not to upset whoever did originate this particular style. It also contains some other tweaks I had made to it regarding the ots.
I am curious why no one has started a web business selling their own sound combination creations, like the "Pro MIDI" companys do.
A lot of work, imagination, and tweaking can go into one of these and anyone using the same, or in same cases similar board, could benefit by purchasing them at a small fee, after demo'ing an mp3 of the sound of course.
The demo could not fully illustrate the fun playability of a particular sound or layer combination but one could get a good idea from the sound, and of course everyone's touch response is individual also.
This is one small way that I can repay the forum for all the great resources I have gained from it. By freely contributing some of the time and effort I used in making this layer.
And I want to take this opportunity to once again thank all the wonderful caring people who share their love of music with each other here.
Thank you

------------------
The old Newb

#151442 - 04/17/05 09:55 AM Re: free new sounds anyone?
OldNewb Offline

Hmmmm, If I can get around to it I will try to make and post an mp3 of this style with the patches. It's been a while since I've done that and uploaded anything and it may take me a while to get it together again.

------------------
The old Newb

#151443 - 04/17/05 10:00 AM Re: free new sounds anyone?
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
Check your mail.

John

------------------
Have a nice day smile

#151444 - 04/17/05 08:01 PM Re: free new sounds anyone?
OldNewb Offline

Thanks John,
I really appreciate these.
I had used the "frampton" guitar patch from I think it was last weeks free sounds, and layered it with a lot of tweaking involved with the 2100's wah wah preset panel sound.
Man it works out so sweet. I am really getting into tweaking and saving user styles.
It's amazing even what a little eq can do not to mention all the other things that can be changed within a style.

I just got to get some of this recorded to share with you peoples. I am really on a musical high lately and kind of hate to take the time to record. I am having just too much fun tweaking and playing. But I will try.

------------------
The old Newb

#151445 - 04/18/05 03:44 PM Re: free new sounds anyone?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
So, there are new sounds that work with your 2100? I assume they would work with a 2000. There is no archive of these sounds?

#151446 - 04/19/05 06:09 PM Re: free new sounds anyone?
OldNewb Offline

Yes,site I linked to on the 1st post give a zip file of new sounds for the psr 1500, 3000, and the tyros. They will also work on my 2100 and probably on your 2000. They are not archived on the site however. You've got to download them weekly. Also know that they might not all be that great on your 2000 but you might find some that work well that you will like.
E-mail me and I will send you the zipped file of all the past "weekly free sounds"

------------------
The old Newb

#151447 - 04/19/05 08:53 PM Re: free new sounds anyone?
Beakybird Offline

These voices can be found at arrangerworkstation.com on the PSR3000 forum. I wrote there:

"Thank you for posting these. There are about 10 that I will definitely use. After tweaking the Liquid Guitar, I finally have a pedal steel voice that I am satisfied with. The 12 String Guitar sounds better than the Live! voice that comes with the PSR3000. I like the faster attack on the Sweet! Soprano Sax. French horn sounds excellent."

Beakybird

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online