SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#151435 - 02/12/01 02:07 PM ANY OWNERS OF THE KORG iS-35?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Will anyone who owns this keyboard please give me the run down on it's features and it's
playability. How good is the sequencer? I see it holds up to 40,000 events (that's good too)
Does it do any type of loop recording and overdub recording? How are the editing capabilities?
Are the sounds good? I've never heard any of the i series arrangers.. Never heard styles or
sounds... I'm used to Yamaha styles... Any help that someone can provide would really be
appreciated....

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#151436 - 02/14/01 11:43 AM Re: ANY OWNERS OF THE KORG iS-35?
muziekatelier Offline

Loc: MECHELEN BELGIUM
As usual the is35 is a good keyboard. Korg is a big winner in this pricelevel. There are better , but even more expensive. What about the sequencer. It is possible to make a recording , change it afterwourds , change about everything. BUT it is not that simple like in every keyboard. It is much easier to record your things in an seperate sequencer or the computer and edit your tracks there.
It is to compressed in the little (it is a big one, but not like a computerscreen).

The qualilty of the sounds is good. For my personal meaning the quality of the old models is even better than the new ones.
Now i am fond of KETRON X1 and SD-1. These quality sounds are the best. The styles also. But like in every keyboard there are minus points also. Like the sequencer ...

KORG IS OK !
keyboardlessons

#151437 - 02/14/01 11:55 PM Re: ANY OWNERS OF THE KORG iS-35?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Re- Korg keyboards, I have owned a i3 and then the i30 for the past 5 years. The korg styles are excellent, mainly because they are mostly 8 to 16 bar loops plus the riffs vari with the chord played. Compare this to the normal Yamaha style of only 2 bar loops which become very repetitive.
I have now moved over to a Roland EM2000 and I am enjoying my new experiences.

Best wishes Graham UK

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online