SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#150122 - 06/27/06 11:26 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think it is one thing for forum members to post here in less than perfect English (and often very entertaining
!), but Domenik makes a huge mistake, and one that he has been advised against in the past, here, by posting as a manufacturer's representative here in less than perfect English.

For God's sake, Domenik, hire someone who speaks English well, and also knows how to communicate with potential CUSTOMERS......... and don't post another word here!

Domenik has, in the past, probably done more damage to Lionstracs by posting his poorly worded claims (and remember the 'free Mediastation for style development debacle?) than a buggy OS and incomplete feature set........

We all realize the POTENTIAL of these software-based instruments, but no-one is going to dive off this very expensive cliff until you can prove that A), they are more stable and crash-free than hardware arrangers from the big 3, and B), they are more cost effective than the competition. I haven't heard of either, yet........

And, as Roland and others are finding to their cost, it doesn't matter what whizz-bang feature, or jaw-dropping sounds you have on-board, if the STYLES that it comes with don't make Tyros2 owners all commit hari-kari out of jealousy, you are fighting an uphill battle. Few arranger players (from what I read here) really want to spend a whole bunch of time tweaking a VERY complicated keyboard to sound good. The whole point of arrangers is, you take them out of the box and start playing, in front of friends or customers, IMMEDIATELY. And it had damn well better sound good (and not crash!) or you are out of a job or lose all your friends!!

I know how hard it is to get R&D money in this economy, especially with how small the keyboard market is (compared to laptops or MP3 players, for instance), but selling a product before it's ready can come back to bite you in the ass, as you are seeing here.

Come back and wow us all when it's ready......... and hire a REAL PR man..........

#150123 - 06/27/06 11:49 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010918-2.html

the same story, the same protagonists, the same suggestions from the same people.

DIKI,
you told Domenik once last year, you told him a second time this year. The same thing.... let's see how many repetitions will it take.

ALEX K,
when I was referring to "techs" in my post in the above link, I had software developers in my mind, as I too work in a software company.
It seems techs are the same all over the world.

Craig,
please don't bash Domenik any more.

Domenik,
please realise that Diki, AlexK and me, are trying to help. Each with his own words, in his own way. Learn from past mistakes. I hope we have good news from you soon.

Let's all hope next year will be a better one.

Trident

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 06-27-2006).]

#150124 - 06/28/06 12:47 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Magica Alfa Offline

Every keyboard is from box. Also last “new keyboards” of big three or other producers are on start like prototype. Then come out new versions of hardware and more complications. We are satisfied with that what we are having. Sometimes we curse and swear but than we are satisfied because we found some new styles sounds e.t.c.
Same story was with PC. First software and hardware was disaster. Today are some problems, but are fewer than on start.
Also this keyboard you can play as keyboard from box. All is prepared for play you are having less problems than on other keyboards. It is not complicated. For all things are there simple help (English). You don’t need for this manual, because you are having all on screen. Simply type button for help and all will be on hand. You can load inside midi files, mp3, styles and start with playing without problems that keyboard sounds bad.
Keyboard is in start as simple arranger. Inside of keyboard is different. If you know system you can arrange what you want. This is main thing that open you mind in totally new way of thinking.
If you are on start poor player without enthusiasms than after some weeks you will be in keyboards for hours and hours because this is interesting keyboard not keyboard for fun and only with 128 sounds and 128 styles.
I’m inviting you Domenik to come here on board again and tell people more about this keyboard, because you know more than we all users of keyboard. You must look forward for future of keyboard players not for future of some who are expressing their side of opinion. Constructive talk is better than if all are agree with product. If here will be more people like you will be more good things made.

#150125 - 06/28/06 02:29 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Well, I will try to post againg, but if I see contine attack to me, then I will leave totally again this forum.

P.S.: I don't have nothing bad with the T2, you know well, If you read my old post I was the first to tell that the T2 have the best styles and some sounds, but I prefer the Korg sounds and from G-70 the professional layout design.
I don't want to fight with nobody and of course with the others brands, because I know they personally very well. ( I'm in this world more than 11 years now, Fran Carango know me from long time
I will never Stolen two Cents there, Craig was REFUND totally to the last Cent.
1 Year ago honestly the MS OS Linux was not perfect but now, with the help of the UK company, 64studio.com, the MS is much stable and we had start to sell around the world.
Richard was the first US guy that received the X-88 and another 4 SZ member have the MS too. They of course dont want to post because of the continue negative attack.

So... we will see what will happen here and when i have time I try to post again.
Domenik

#150126 - 06/28/06 03:29 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I sent an e-mail to Dom yesterday before his posting above so hopefully he has had time to read it and will continue to post on this great forum.

#150127 - 06/28/06 08:42 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote "1 Year ago honestly the MS OS Linux was not perfect but now, with the help of the UK company, 64studio.com, the MS is much stable and we had start to sell around the world"

But one year ago you WERE trying to sell us on the Mediastation, and it wasn't ready......... It's an uphill battle to tell us the thing is "much stable" now, (do you mean 'much more stable' or 'completely stable'? This is why you need English speakers.....) and have us completely believe you.

I have nothing personal against Lionstracs or Domenik, I am just advising him about how to do LESS damage to his company's reputation (hopefully taken as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism - I'm not saying 'you suck' I'm saying 'your English and presentation skills need improvement'). I eagerly look forward to the day these software/computer hybrid machines live up to their promise, and I will be definitely be buying one when they do, but telling us it's ready NOW if it isn't only damages the concept, and has and will make acceptance THAT much more difficult when it finally comes to fruition.

Domenik admires the soundset from the Tyros2, and the ease of operation of the G70. He'd do well to try and make his keyboard the equal of those two before expecting much from the market........

#150128 - 06/28/06 08:57 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
At least the return of Domenik means that he has calmed down a little,
Craig has publicly stated that he is alright now.

Right, let's get to work.

Domenik, would you please have the good will to post again, some midi files playing on the mediastation?

If the aformentioned files could have the qualities expressed by Esh (some piano, some saxes, etc), so much the better.

and if Domenik could furnish 2 versions...one with the GM sounds and the other one tweaked to the best sounds available on the mediastation

and if the guys around here don't bring petrol with them when writing comments, and if Domenik does not explode when reading those posts, we could at least realise where mediastation stands compared to the competition, and maybe Domenik will have praise, or at least constructive criticism or food for thought about what could he do for his instrument and his company, for free.

So, Domenik...
So, guys

Are you interested?

#150129 - 06/28/06 09:12 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Diki
In the MS 1 year ago was not implemented the right arrange, the USA developer cant make it working, so we lost about 10 months.A new French developer had made the totally new arranger midi with audio Sync and now is working fine. Before the MS was able to play good the midifiles and Audio stuff.

The MS now is COMPETELY STABLE IF will be used the MS OS UI: arranger, players, sounds...
But for your know, we use Linux and for the VST plugins we depend under Wine. http://www.winehq.com/
This mean that NOT all the VST are working and the VST host can crash, this only because wine cant loading the .dll interface.
So, in this way the MS is still NOT perfect, but this is not our fault and Lionstracs developers can not fix.
All the VST working are listed here: http://ladspavst.linuxaudio.org/
anyway, when you have loaded some VST like the B4 and Kontak2, I think you have enough..

About the MS OS and linux you well that the MS can NEVER have one END, because under PC is possible developing all what we want.
Or next step:
Arranger that will play looped wav files without the sync with the Midi tracks. This mean that you can save in one folder any lenght of wav files and play it in realtime like one DJ sampler, with always the possibility to change the BPM, Timesctrach.

arranger Score/Seq editor midi+audio where you can records by the MS your own styles, without use one external sequencer or Import from the EMC style converter.

X-Kore Linux, the new Lionstracs tool that able you to load and Hyperlink the all the VST plugins instruments under the MS keys and then you can recall all this VST just pressing ONE key.

Multi Score editor, for open the notation from any midi tracks and project in the internal TFT, external monitor or Plasma TV.

Integated in OUR interface Video M-player, where you are able to cue the Video and project the same video where you want.

Do you have understand now why the MS will NEVER completed?
All this new features need time, BUT this do NOT mean that you have to change the MS AND the MS in this right moment is STABLE for play all your stuff.

Let me know if you have understand me.

#150130 - 06/28/06 10:01 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Magica Alfa Offline

MS is really stable. But we must be careful and prepare all before. This is not problem for new midi file, style and ordinary things that all keyboards are having. But for VST you need time to complete library before and than you can play with this VST more stable as with MS GM. (Never load VST on stage. This is my rule.) You need only to check if it is working on MS or not. But all “big” are working. I test many of them. Native instrument: Kontakt, B4 and B4 II, ABSYNTH, FM7, REAKTOR, AKOUSTIK PIANO, ELEKTRIK PIANO, INTAKT, I'm really angry sometimes with Steinberg on LINUX are working HALION, Hypersonic, Groove Agent, but some crash are possible with Virtual guitarist not problem to open problem is with playing of rig. About effect I didn’t had problems. All effect what I tested works.

I’m interesting on KORE. Tell us more about this developing. This is LINUX application. But it works as port between LINUX and all VSTs.

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 06-28-2006).]

#150131 - 06/28/06 10:12 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I think the Mediastation is awsome, and if some of you atually emailed Dom, would be surprised at the price he'll offer one to you for I emailed him the other day regarding a few things... He's a nice guy.., but I think the language barrier sometimes makes communictaion a litte difficult with him and other members.

I'd love to have a Mediastation, but after buying my other equipment I know the wife would stuff me in the trunk of my Lincoln and we'd take a short trip somewhere

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online