SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#150112 - 06/26/06 11:37 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Craig,

What is "summise"?

We only know what you told us in your posts. Perhaps if you had told us the rest of the story (if there is indeed more to it), we would know more.

However, repeated attacks on Liontracs, whose instrument you no longer own, nor have played in the last year since returning your unit, tell us nothing but the fact that you tend to hold a grudge against Liontracs for a very long time.

Your acrid posts have added little to the discussion of this thread, but by frightening Domenik away and deprived me (and others) of the opportunity to read his posts and hear the samples.

Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 06-26-2006).]

#150113 - 06/26/06 11:59 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have to agree with Alex. It has been a while since the Mediastation was in your posession. I too was very interested in where this board has come since your incident. I think it's the "hybrid" I've been waiting for (synth and arranger in one).

Hopefully he'll jump back in.. Does anyone have his personal email?

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#150114 - 06/26/06 12:01 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
from what i have read of Doms posts he gave as good as he got. I dont think he left because of craigs posts.

His feelings probably got hurt because it was not just Craigs comments about his experience with MS but others who dont like Doms style of marketing which seems to be about putting down every other manufacturers instrument .

"BUT the thing is that the Lionstracs is spoiling everything its self. First of all they had to be more carefull with the people, and with this forum that it's worldwide known, and especially with people that they love their boards...
If you want to convince me to buy your board, DON'T blame my Tyros,roland,Ketron find an other way to do IT.
I think it's missing something from Liontracs and this is not a good board but a new MANAGMENT DIRECTOR"

or

"If for no other reason, I would not buy a Mediastation, due to the way it's representatives have acted on this forum and their continued amateurish attempts at representing it to the public with their demos"

I hope the gentlemen above dont mind me qouting them.There was nothing offensive in what they said. They are my sentiments too to a large degree. Dom brought a lot of heat into the debate but not a whole lot of light.

I am sure he will be back again under another "name" singing the praises of the Mediastation and maybe one day he will have the goods to back up what has the potential to be a great board.

#150115 - 06/26/06 01:37 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex K:
Craig,

What is "summise"?

We only know what you told us in your posts. Perhaps if you had told us the rest of the story (if there is indeed more to it), we would know more.

However, repeated attacks on Liontracs, whose instrument you no longer own, nor have played in the last year since returning your unit, tell us nothing but the fact that you tend to hold a grudge against Liontracs for a very long time.

Your acrid posts have added little to the discussion of this thread, but by frightening Domenik away and deprived me (and others) of the opportunity to read his posts and hear the samples.

Regards,
Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K (edited 06-26-2006).]

I have to agree with you.

This constructive thread started off good. It is only when Craig came and rehashed all his personal dislikes for the Mediastation this thread took a turn for the worst.

No manufacturer I am sure would stick around here to get a constant public bad mouthing of their product from a disgruntled passed owner.

#150116 - 06/26/06 02:04 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
keybG Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keybG:
I do agree that the mediastation is what a lot of people was waiting for. An arranger/synth....very interesting, that would be the absolute board.
BUT the thing is that the Lionstracs is spoiling everything its self. First of all they had to be more carefull with the people, and with this forum that it's worldwide known, and especially with people that they love their boards...
If you want to convince me to buy your board, DON'T blame my Tyros,roland,Ketron find an other way to do IT.

I think it's missing something from Liontracs and this is not a good board but a new MANAGMENT DIRECTOR

regards
KeybG

For the record, my post was after that Dom has gone.....(therefore my opinion didn't count for leaving the forum)and yes i still bealive that the mediastation would be the absolute board. Maybe the direct contact with the "clients" it's not the best way to promote a new product. IMHO, Dom finally, did the right think by leaving the forum beacuse the issue could had gone a lot worse...

KeybG

My new logo"MAKE MUSIC NOT WAR"

#150117 - 06/26/06 07:39 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I am going to sound like a politician.

I don't find error in Craig or Domenik..

As Alex mentioned..Words spoken are not without emotion...Craig had a negative experience, that in the beginning , he did not blast Dom, but said graciously that he appreciated the way he made good[Dom's word was kept]..

Domenik is as Alex said...a Technical person, with a desire to make his product the best it can be...
I do not see his words as a knock against the other manufacturers, but even though it may appear that way...he is trying to explain the pros and cons of all the instruments..Maybe if we could speak Italian we could have a better understanding of his purpose , in his words..

Personally, I have conducted business with Domenik,,going back to 98/99..

He has helped me with installations of his products, for my customers[music store].

He has always been respectful to me..

Let me say the same about Craig..Sure he is opinionated as we all are sometimes..

Most of his comments are from his own experiences..

I believe we [Craig and I] have disagreed on certain things, but have always had a mutual respect...Of course that may be because we both own G1000's..

I too would hope Domenik continues to post..that we can watch and understand the development of the "future" designs..

BTW, Craig, I see your pulling a Donny[deleted post]...

#150118 - 06/26/06 11:18 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Carrie-uk Offline

Loc: England
There's just something about the fact that this is a public forum that seems to get people aggravated.

If I were friends with Craig and he had a bad experience with a company and decided to tell me about it whenever we discussed that company, then by all means! I'd want to hear his opinions. Because he's posting his opinions in a public place for all to see, it becomes much more than an exchange between friends.

Personally, I value everyone's opinions, especially when they are constructive and we can all learn from them. I certainly don't blame Craig for posting his feelings and experiences. I value being able to use his point-of-view when making my own decisions about products.

It is a shame Domenik seems to have left us again though. I too was enjoying hearing how the Mediastation has progressed. I'd love to see them give the 'big three' a run for their money!

Just my two cents...

#150119 - 06/27/06 03:00 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Magica Alfa Offline

I think that we all can together create new future.

Thanks to negative criticism we know many things better. If somebody come out with fresh idea is also good. Thanks all that are having some fresh news.

I listened to new demo symphony of MS. This is sounds really good. All that is possible to make wit MS I know because Im preparing new records on this keyboard. Not on PC. Im having all what I need inside. I had GB of HD and CD with me before. Now is only one keyboard with 200 GB of HD and is working with phones and for my pleasure.

We all are arranging sound, styles and songs. If someone is who is only playing without of give personality inside, than he is not musician. All styles are worth nothing if they are not something of us. Small change makes personal filling. This made for me Lionstracs with big foot. I can feel new sound. I can make all what I know in this moment. But Im learning with keyboard everyday. Not only on start. Sound can be every day more powerful, more real.

That is real life.

#150120 - 06/27/06 03:34 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I feel very compelled to write this. I try to avoid conflict on this board as much as possible. I get very disappointed at people sometimes. Maybe I expect too much.

I was taught that "Instead of complaining about the darkness, Light a candle". Why do people continually post negatives about everything, everyone? Do you know what power you hold in your hands if you give someone a positive outlook on something, or a compliment, or a nice pat on the back?

In Domenick's and Craig's case, why can't they look past their differences and be positive. With Craig actually helping Domenick make a better product in a positive constructive manner. And Domenick listening carefully to one of his dis-satisifed customers and trying to win back Craig as a customer. And everyone else helping Domenick try to understand what arranger keyboard players want in a keyboard instead of just outright dismissing his product.

Can't we all be just a tad more positive?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#150121 - 06/27/06 03:46 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
I, for one, would love to have Domenic back. Please don't forget that english isn't his first language. Also, one can't blame him for being so passionate about his product. Him being so passionate would drive him to do better which can only be beneficial, n'est pas? One can find quite a lot of posts on the forum where members praise their instrument and are quite negative towards other brands.
ONE bad experience doesn't mean a thing to me. If it were we'd either all be bachelors or in the priesthood.
As stated in earlier posts, Domenic did give a refund and it takes a good person to do that.
I believe that, even if Lionstracs does perform as good as he says, some will go for it and others won't just like some opt for Roland and others for Yamaha or whatever brand. People have different tastes and nothing's going to change that.
Please note that I am not blaming anyone and neither am I pointing an accusing finger at anyone. Just wish we can get along and don't get so jumpy.
English isn't my first language either. It's my fifth so if my words come over the wrong way...my sincerest apologies.

Taike

------------------
Khoi huk ngam sud tee huk kon diow.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online