SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#150092 - 06/23/06 08:43 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
trtjazz Offline

Edirol version:

I thought sounded pretty thin and lifeless myself.

Terry

Domenik, you're welcome. Now if we can keep everyone focused on the sound here and the experiment you are trying to pull off it will be interesting hearing all the results.

I revoiced and rerecorded this to my own liking, different guitar, drums, fretless bass and E. piano, with available T2 sounds and it can be made to sound killer on the T2 with very little work.

Were I to use a midifile, which I don't use them I would revoice it anyway. Seems to me if we want to show off sound comparisons of the differing voices, then each should take this file and tweak it to the max to get the best possible sound they can acheive (subjective of course). What I am saying is the GM soundsets on my T2 have dust on them from lack of use, I always choose the best possible one I can find on board and it's rarely a GM sound.

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#150093 - 06/23/06 09:00 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
---------------------------------------------
Maybe I can play the 750Mb Real Sax from Realsamples
---------------------------------------------

Holy Mary Mother of Crap! 750mb sax....???? WOW! I'd love to hear that.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#150094 - 06/23/06 09:48 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
keybG Offline

I think today i'm not going to sleep

#150095 - 06/23/06 10:26 AM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK

[This message has been edited by Craig_UK (edited 06-26-2006).]

#150096 - 06/23/06 12:13 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Filipe Tomas Offline

A Tip:

Dear CRAIG, from my last post's ( more than 3 week´s ) I post a demo sound about my MS. I was request one yourself demo in last post´s. Just not response from you, Now I request another time just one demo about your keyboard. Thanks.. Best regard´s. Filipe Tomas

#150097 - 06/23/06 12:14 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
trtjazz Offline

Well didn't take long for this one to digress into a pissin' contest once again ..... did it? What a waste of time all around.

To add to all this .....

1. I am wondering why Domenik keeps slamming the Tyros? Compared to any of the "real" big boys, the MS has miles to go IMO. Great concept, but lacks cohesiveness in fruition, direction and marketing.

2. Having followed this for many months with interest, I still cannot see how the MS has any advantage what so ever over a great controller for less than $1000., a laptop/desktop and plug ins, all of which I already have.

I'm out of this one at this point, next time I'll know better than to waste my time contributing to this.

How disappointing,
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#150098 - 06/23/06 12:28 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Here's what I think the problem really is. Yes it most often turns into a pissin contest, but the MediaStation is a horse of a different color. From what I see Donenik's MediaStation is the "NEW HYBRID". We're talking synth with arranger funtions--along with some other killer features. It seems to be what many have been asking for. However, it's fairly new, and possibly needs more testing or whatever, but I appluad Domenik for this.

I'd love to have a MediaStation because it has combined EVERYTHING I want in a keyboard. I just can't afford it.

So Domenik.. All I say is Rock on Man! Not everyone is going to like a keyboard especially considering how subjective certain things are. I love the Mediastation and would use one every day--I just can't afford one

**also keep in mind the language barrier here... Something meant to be harmless can be taken the wrong way**

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-23-2006).]

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 06-23-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#150099 - 06/23/06 02:04 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:

2. Having followed this for many months with interest, I still cannot see how the MS has any advantage what so ever over a great controller for less than $1000., a laptop/desktop and plug ins, all of which I already have.

[/B]

The convenience of a hardware arranger, with all the flexibility of software, but all in one box.
After a hard day at work, just switch on one button and play.
Gigging musicians have less to transport, less cable to connect, and reduced setup time.
BTW. Time is a very scarce resource for a lot of people.

Bill

#150100 - 06/23/06 02:31 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
i dont know whats going on here but none of the link to the mediastation demos work on my computer so i cant tell for myself what the demos sound like

second ,am i write in understanding that the VST plugins that dom has demoed were not actually played through th mediastation ? I wont to be absolutely clear on this. Are the demos featuring vst pluggins like the colossus etc actually demos of the mediastation using these pluggins or just a sample from the manufacturer or some other sample not actially demoed on the instrument. You see i still have a problem with Dom saying what he instrument can do and what it will sound like if the instrument itself is NOT being played. Just clear this up for me Dom and let me know what the problem is with your website

#150101 - 06/23/06 02:46 PM Re: Can we make one simple test?
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
ok , managed to here the samples now. They are all very good. Funnily enough i actually think that the tyros had the better drum sound but they were all very useable. So whats the point of this test then ?

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online