SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149898 - 01/11/01 10:50 AM X1Turning Arranger Off?
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
I've searched the owner's manual but can't find a way to turn the automatic chords/bass/rhythm off. What I want to do is play piano all across the keyboard with auto drums but no auto bass or chords.
Thanks,
DVJ

#149899 - 01/11/01 11:28 AM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Isn't there a button marked "piano" right near the button for split bass? That will turn the keyboard into a full piano tone, and if you need to - you can mute the arr parts. It's been a while since I've seen one - I don't remember exactly where, but there was a button for full piano mode.

#149900 - 01/11/01 11:48 AM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
uncle dave there is one button that says pianist right next to the master volume slider.
eddy

#149901 - 01/11/01 12:16 PM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
Dnj Offline

dvj,

push the black Piano button to set the entire keyboard to piano.
Then on your extreme left side MUTE all the parts by hitting Both volume buttons at the same time except the first ones for drums.

that should do it

donny

#149902 - 01/11/01 09:07 PM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
Paul Ip Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.
deatonent,

Dave and Donny are all correct, but their method is a little slower and requires more button pressing in that you have to mute all the parts except your piano and the drums beside turning on the "pianist" button. I have an easier method:

Press the "pianist" button next to the master volume slider, and press the "Manual Bass" button right above the "pianist" button, and the two red LEDs of the buttons light up. Then mute the "Bass" by simultaneously pressing the two Bass part volume buttons. Now when you press "start" button, only the piano and the drums sound. Using this method you practically can do it in two touches, one touch for "pianist" and "Manual Bass" buttons, second touch for muting Bass.

Another style that I like very much on the X1 is having guitar (steel or classic) with or without strings as the right hand instruments, with bass for the left hand, and drums in the background. I also use Roland PK-5 pedal board to play sustained high pitch strings sound to make it a very effective small band. For this setting, you just have to undo the "pianist" button and unmute the bass part from the setup that I described last paragraph, and select your right hand instrument(s) - using a registration for this manual style makes it very easy.

Hope you enjoy it,

Paul Ip
from Texas

[This message has been edited by Paul Ip (edited 01-11-2001).]

#149903 - 01/11/01 10:38 PM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
Uncle Dave Offline

Good thought Paul! That is a great shortcut.

#149904 - 01/11/01 10:47 PM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That thing certainly is "user friendly" when it's that hard to figure out how to turn the arranger off.
On my trusty PSR, you just touch the arranger button.
DonM

#149905 - 01/12/01 07:28 AM Re: X1Turning Arranger Off?
Uncle Dave Offline

Hostile, dude. VERY Hostile!
(taken from "Sweet Sixteen" - Michael Anthony Hall to Molly Ringwold)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online