SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149410 - 10/31/04 12:34 PM I'm back and sick
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Arrived Friday sick. I'm not doing well today. I suppose it's because of all the fun I had.

Don I think the highlight of the trip for Drew was at your place. He sure enjoyed meeting you, Ray the Willie Nelson immitator, Hank the lurker,and Dale the guitar picker. Thanks for having me over. It was a blast!

I got to play at the Jazz Steak and Seafood Cafe out in Kenner La. with my cousin Ricky Hanks. I played at the Dry Dock Cafe in Algiers a surburb of New Orleans with the River Rhythm Blues Band and I played with at least 20 musicians some of whom I worked with 30 years ago at the Westbank Musicians Hall Of Fame Jam Session last Sunday.

At the jam session ,we had 4 saxes a trumpet and a trombone player. I was having fun figuring out which note to play that the other horns weren't playing at any particular time of the song. We did all the 50's horn licks. They have given the old stuff a new flavor by calling it "Swamp Pop". However, it is the same old Fats, Ernie K-doe, Clarence Frogman Henry, Neville Bros, Irma Thomas, Smiley Lewis, Bobby Bland and a host of others that they still play.

Man I met dear old friends in Mississippi I haven't seen in years. I had A Crawfish Po-boy in Houma La. and a Softshell Crab Po-boy at "Bouttes" in Lafitte La. also.

It's gonna take a while to get over this trip more so than previous trips south.

I liked the Barbettas but not anymore than my Mackie 808s with the Peavey TLS5 15" speakers I use. I still like my Carvin Lil' Green Monster" for small venues. It has 3 channels with EQ on each channel, Digital reverb, with a 12" speaker and 100 watts. For me I love the all-in-one concept for small venues and it sounds great to me.

Don thanks for having me over to your gig! What a trip! Now the let down. I need to get back to my lazy-boy and rest.

#149411 - 10/31/04 12:48 PM Re: I'm back and sick
Dnj Offline

Glad your back home safe and sound Bo.....

Man......Po-Boy Softshell, Crawfish.. Oh Yeah!!!
Don M, ya beter hook me up with one of those when I come down in January!!!

#149412 - 10/31/04 06:17 PM Re: I'm back and sick
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo, glad you're back home and had a good time.
Hank called earlier today to ask if I'd heard from you.
I'm not longer at the motel, but have something even better lined up. Myrt asked about you also.
Your son Drew is a wonderful young man, and we all enjoyed visiting with him and Penny. Next time you can stay home and send them.
Now start making plans for the January meeting. You'll be recovered by then!

DNJ, we WILL find you some authentic Cajun food around here somewhere.
DonM

#149413 - 11/03/04 02:42 PM Re: I'm back and sick
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
DNJ, we WILL find you some authentic Cajun food around here somewhere.

Yummmmmmmmy ..Oh man I cant wait, two more months !!! I'm excited about the trip and meeting my long time Southern Music brothers...
I Gurannnnnteee....we gonna kick it for sure Forgedabouttit!

#149414 - 11/03/04 06:33 PM Re: I'm back and sick
zuki Offline

Geesh....another topic suggesting one's sick

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online