SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#149039 - 03/23/06 03:41 PM Re: Nice Roland GW7 VIDEO EMO
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You can download the Juno G manual here..
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JunoG/

#149040 - 03/24/06 06:46 PM Re: Nice Roland GW7 VIDEO EMO
casiobot Offline

I really didn't have much reason to believe that the GW-7's sequencer would be any different than the EXR-3's sequencer,which is to say,you could not control volume and pan AFTER the recording of tracks was concluded.
I called up a Roland rep to confirm this and he said " Well,what do you expect for a keyboard(EXR-3) with this low of a price?" And I answered "Well ,I expect it to have basic editing functions like volume control and pan. My Casio does and I only paid $300 for it."Right after that,I heard a rather pronounced "click",like the phone was slammed down or something.
I don't know,definitely,one of Rolands "lesser lights",and a surefire candidate for the Dale Carnegie Course.

Now if someone can come forth and honestly state that the GW-7 can do 16 honest sequencer tracks with the ability to control each part,pan and volume wise,I'll stand down and *corrected*.

I am well aware of Rolands reputation as per their products so even they should be
concerned that an instrument that claims to be able to do 16 tracks CAN'T do the pan/volume thing.Hopefully,this error has been remedied in the E-09 and the Juno-G.

#149041 - 04/20/06 10:14 PM Re: Nice Roland GW7 VIDEO EMO
jameschong Offline

Loc: malaysia
I totally agree with you that Roland (GW-7)didn't do a great job on the 16 track sequencer.
I bought it for 3 month and already regret of my decision, I should have invest on triton TR, of course cost more but yet comes with great satisfaction.
The volume after record, playback can be real bad if you layer the song and have different volume, no volume control, no panning. The 16 tracks are very limited, which you can not record drum to each track, only certain track(i think only 2 track). I don't think this should be called workstation at all. I would rather buy a cheap MIDI keyboard and works in front of my Computer which will provides me much better sound and flexibility.
However, down to the sound part, for that price for the sound you get is pretty something. Great sound. Yet allow only 2 layer, you can save to user song but the VOLUME will not be saved, you have to adjust the volume again, how do you do it when you perform LIVE?? I think ROLAND did a pretty bad job through the price is low but the spec is low as well. Anyone out there, don't go into this if you want a WORKSTATION not just a playing keyboard.

#149042 - 04/21/06 12:40 AM Re: Nice Roland GW7 VIDEO EMO
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
The new $550 Roland E09 is cheaper and better. 130 world styles incl western,asian,middle east. Newly designed library of sounds...over 800 .70 drum kits. 32mb wave rom. 16 track sequencer with easy mode. Stylish looks. 7.8kg

#149043 - 04/21/06 03:22 PM Re: Nice Roland GW7 VIDEO EMO
ocomain Offline

The new Roland E-09 may be cheaper but it is not "better", in my opinion. It shares nearly identical preset tones and styles as the GW-7, and the same display and sequencer (song recording) functions. Many other control functions are identical, just arranged differently on the front panel. The E-09 lacks the "D Beam" controller, has no USB port for sending song and style data to and from a computer, only has a single foot switch (compared to 2 on the GW-7, tho' multiple functions can be assigned), has no "Analog Modify" controls for editing tones, no "Favorite" feature for storing favorite tones, no capability for creating user created tones, styles or songs (just performances). The E-09 does have more dedicated function buttons (including style categories) instead of the data wheel. The E-09 is a good entry-level keyboard if you're looking for great global sounds\styles and an onboard sound system. Its expandability is severly limited though, just like the older entry-level Yamaha PSR models. These days, I would never even consider a keyboard without some kind of expandability, no matter how good it sounds or how cheap it is! The "Workstation" moniker given to the GW-7 is a bit dubious (in my humble opinion) but it still is quite capable without too much bother.

Michael

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online