SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147424 - 11/10/02 10:13 AM Yamaha PSR 2000 - recording questions
riva Offline

Loc: Betar Ilite, Israel
I made an arrangement with a Yamaha PSR 630 that I want to play and fix up with my Yamaha PSR 2000. How do I change instruments in the current arrangement (change Patches)..also, I noticed that when I record an arrangement on my PSR 2000 using multi record and then put it into my "Cakewalk" program, some of the parts seemed to have transposed...anyone know why?
thanks! -riva

#147425 - 11/10/02 12:06 PM Re: Yamaha PSR 2000 - recording questions
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
To change the instrument assignment of an 'accomp style', go to Mixer Console, select Vol/Voice tab, press C button to go to Voice parameter field, select specific voice part you want to change (using 1-8 buttons), then select new sound. To actually save this new style setup, you need to save it as a 'new' USER style: Go to: Digital Recording>Style Creator>select assembly tab window; Select SAVE (j button).

Quote:
Originally posted by riva:
I noticed that when I record an arrangement on my PSR 2000 using multi record and then put it into my "Cakewalk" program, some of the parts seemed to have transposed...anyone know why?
thanks! -riva

Hi Riva, Yep, I notice the same thing. The Right, Layer, and Left tracks are offset by 1/2 step. I just transpose these 3 tracks (in Cakewalk) back by 1/2 step, and it solves the problem. When the midi file is then loaded back into the 2000, it also plays correctly in the 2000. I guess it's just one of the worlds 'mysteries'. Anyone else here have an answer to this anamoly?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online