SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#147038 - 06/21/03 08:26 PM Re: TYROS Verdict..Good ..Bad..Wish List?..........
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I play just about everyday the Tyros, SD1, PA 80-60, etc....I notice that in particular the latino beats, Do not confuse with Spanish styles such Paso Doble, Jota, Gipsy, Rumba Flamenca, Sevillana, etc.........I am talking about the so call "mexican beat" or something, I think the style designers should be more careful, is almost insulting, nor is mexican, hispanic, or south-american.

I could not help comparing all this High end Keyboards, and I can say that Korg and Ketron have done their homework very well, their etnic styles are in "caracter", correctly orchestraded, not a conseptual "idea" of a style like in the Tyros in this particular group. I make this coments so they could be correct it for the future models.
I understand that is difficult to design a keyboard that will be appealing to all sorts of people, music taste, etnic groups, skills, etc.
I am also aware that there is not such thing as a "perfect" keyboard, but maybe, just maybe, some brand/model may came close.

#147039 - 06/21/03 08:30 PM Re: TYROS Verdict..Good ..Bad..Wish List?..........
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mdorantes:
I play just about everyday the Tyros, SD1, PA 80-60, etc....I notice that in particular the latino beats, Do not confuse with Spanish styles such Paso Doble, Jota, Gipsy, Rumba Flamenca, Sevillana, etc.........I am talking about the so call "mexican beat" or something, I think the style designers should be more careful, is almost insulting, nor is mexican, hispanic, or south-american.

I could not help comparing all this High end Keyboards, and I can say that Korg and Ketron have done their homework very well, their etnic styles are in "caracter", correctly orchestraded, not a conseptual "idea" of a style like in the Tyros in this particular group. I make this coments so they could be correct it for the future models.
I understand that is difficult to design a keyboard that will be appealing to all sorts of people, music taste, etnic groups, skills, etc.
I am also aware that there is not such thing as a "perfect" keyboard, but maybe, just maybe, some brand/model may came close.

Maybe Yammy is trying to emulate East L.A. and not really Mexico with those styles.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#147040 - 06/22/03 03:28 PM Re: TYROS Verdict..Good ..Bad..Wish List?..........
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Terry:
With all the respect, Would it make sense to name polka the waltz??, I do not think so, nor is an East LA style.....or anything that is imply by that name.....remember that my comment is to correct something I KNOW is wrong, and it could have been a more usefull to have included more playable styles that really exist like:
Cumbia ( there are several types ), Bachata, Vallenato, Guajira, Bolero Ranchero, etc. instead of "inventing" or naming something that does not represent a real "etnic" pattern.

#147041 - 06/22/03 05:15 PM Re: TYROS Verdict..Good ..Bad..Wish List?..........
trtjazz Offline

mdorantes,

Notice the smile at the end? I was not trying to be insulting, I was making a joke (a poor one I guess in this case) as to Yamaha not knowing the correct way to make the style (since they are in the L.A. area) to your expectations. I was suggesting they went to E. L.A. instead of Mexico to figure out how to do it......ugh nevermind, sorry if you took it seriously and were insulted.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online