SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#146986 - 07/04/00 03:53 PM Saving basic functions on power off
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
A big problem for a lot of people is that the arranger doesnt save certain function. For example: I want that the Touch Response is ALWAYS at zero when i turn my arranger on. Or I want the syncron to be lit (Korg Forum) every time. Of course you can do this in a user program, but wouldn't it be great if some functions could be changed like YOU want without pressing some buttons or menues everytime?

How is this on SOlton, Korg and Roland????

SOLUTION: Let everybutton have a DOUBLE function. If you HOLD the button longer (for example SYNC START) it will pop-up a menue which will ask you: "keep this setting during power off?" and you can say yes for that function.

Great solution right?

Or does this already exist?

Please somebody tell me for the Korg i30 and ROland EM2000 at least.

Thanks.

Ilija

#146987 - 07/04/00 05:52 PM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I can tell you that on the Solton X1 if you hold the save/write button down there is a function called "save power on set up" which lets you save everything you've done at this moment so that the next time you turn it on, your set up will be remembered. There is also a function in Utility called Registration which allows you to modify the registrations to recall whatever you want as a global set up. I've not seen another keyboard with as much possibilities as the X1.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#146988 - 07/05/00 01:13 AM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
tonin Offline

Loc: Cordoba, Spain
George, it seems that you haven't seen the PSR9000. I think that the top-left button on the main screen is "save panel settings", to store the current state of the keyboard after power on.

#146989 - 07/05/00 05:01 AM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
Michael Metzger Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi George,

on the Solton X1 you can save some but not ALL your current settings (e.g. utility-octave-up/down is not saved).

Michael

#146990 - 07/05/00 10:14 AM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Technics KN5000 "remembers" every setup exactly as you had left it when you turned it off. Even the style & tempo. I like this for when I'm working on a song and want to come back to it later or the next day.
By the way, both Technics and Yamaha already make use of the "hold down the button" for a few seconds idea. On these keyboards, if you press & hold most buttons for a couple seconds, you are automatically taken to the menu page of the os that controls that button's function. I like this - it's simple.

Tom

#146991 - 07/05/00 04:21 PM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
People!

Nice to read your things, but it's NOT what I meant. I didnt mean saving the LAST changes, but doing some functions on everyt startup! If I want always Transpose +3, and during a song i change it to +4, when I start it will remain on +4 (last setting saved) but my intentions were on start +3.

Ilija

#146992 - 07/06/00 08:35 AM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Ilija
I know your frustration. When I first got my iS40, I couldn't believe I had to change the split point every single time I turned it on. But that's the way it is. On Korg & Roland, you just have to use a Perf Memory to "set up" the keyboard the way you like it. Even though the Technics doesn't do exactly what you wish, it's still a step closer.
Tom

[This message has been edited by TomTomSF (edited 07-06-2000).]

#146993 - 07/12/00 04:30 PM Re: Saving basic functions on power off
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hi,

I can tell you about GEM WK/SK series.

Those keyboards when powered on, they default to performance one automatically. So all your basic standard setup can be saved 100% in performance one, so that when you powerup, your +3 will be there. Your dsp is correct. Your favourite partitioning of the keyboard is there. Your most common instruments are prepared...

That is the second time I reply to a post of yours, and in both times I said SK880 does it right and good. Hmmmmm, wanna switch to WK8SE? George Kay can help.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online