Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#146799 - 08/07/05 09:54 AM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:
I found one at Newegg web site ...$76 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827140007

Larry Hawk

A reviewer on that site said "30 minutes to burn."

Yikes.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#146800 - 08/07/05 12:52 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Guys (and gals):

IMHO, after all is said and done, the Epson R200 is still the most effective, economical and productive unit available at this time. I have not experienced the smearing problem mentioned by several of you and I do not take extra measures (such as spraying a clear coat) other than letting the finished CD dry for about a minute after printing.

My only gripe is the cost of the darn ink but all inkjets have that problem. $16 or $17 bucks for a cartridge that cost them approx. 50 cents or less to manufacture. Talk about a rip-off. These guys really know how to tighten the screws.

Best to all. RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#146801 - 08/07/05 01:35 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Hey, Rice, put a drop of water on your fingertip, such as sweat would be and touch an old c.d. and see what you think. (I don't have one but I'm just saying, have you exposed the ink to water? Like sweat or someone picks up a drink and then a c.d.)

If it's a non-issue, I'm getting an Epson 300.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#146802 - 08/07/05 03:50 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
The reports that I've read on the Epson 200 and 300 is that the c/d trays are flimsy and
brake easy..the 200 was advertised on Amazon referbed from the factory for $89.00
with a spindle of 30 cd free....I'm worried about the cd tray....asny feedback on this
part......
Tony Rome

#146803 - 08/07/05 03:54 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Tony Rome Offline

Just another thought, if any of you have lables and cd's that you were using before, put the blamk lables on your normal cd's and print them on the Epson...if the cd's are to expensive...try it and let us all know.....
Tony Rome

#146804 - 08/07/05 04:06 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

You can find the spray at any artist supply house, it sells for about $4.95 a can and will easily coat 200 CDs.

The CDs I've purchased lately come from BJ's Wholesale Club and they were $14 to 16.99 per hundred--dirt cheap. I still have an old floppy disk case here from Radio Shack--10 disks for $19.95.

As for the ink, it's the biggest rip man could have ever perpetuated on consumers. My cartridges cost me about $41 at BJ's and while they hold twice as much ink as those purchased elsewhere, they're still expansive as hell. HP could give the printers away and still make a killing on the ink!

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#146805 - 08/07/05 05:07 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Gary, you didn't say how you stick the label on. Do you just eyeball it or use one of those plastic liner-upper devices?

Spray... do you spray the surface with one light coat or more?

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

#146806 - 08/07/05 07:35 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

I have a sring-loaded label application device that centers it perfectly each time. Before putting the label on the CD I allow them to dry for about 10 minutes or so before applying them. Once the label is in place I spray a single, thin, coat of protective spray on the label, and then allow it to dry for about 30 minutes before putting the CD's into the paper jackets or jewel cases.

Most of the time I use paper jackets and do so for two very good reasons. First, paper jackets are very inexpensive, and has a celephane viewing window that reveals the label. Second, jewel cases are very brittle, most of the time they end up cracked or shattered by the postal service's rough handling and they're more expensive than the CD itself. Additionally, while you can easily scratch a CD, it's darned near impossible to break one in half--they're really tough.

One thing I almost forgot, those jewel cases weigh about twice what the CD itself weighs, thus adding considerable expense to mailing costs. I mail out about 200 CDs a year, and my postage expenses are high enough to ship them with promotional packages. If I were to add the weight of a jewel case, especially a full size one with labels, the cost triples. I'll stick with the paper.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#146807 - 08/07/05 07:38 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
Tony Rome Offline

Here is another link to follow for the Epson 200...$79.00 http://froogle.google.com/froogle/reviews?hl=en&fq=Epson+Stylus+Photo+R200&cid=ad65ccd050145d54 I'read again about the cd tray not
to fuctional.... what the hell, for the price I might just order one.....
Tony Rome

#146808 - 08/07/05 07:45 PM Re: OT: Print Directly to CD/DVD Media Devices
SemiLiveMusic Offline

I recall something about the tray and I think it was about the Epson... a tray handling error that people have reported... a fellow had figured out how to beat the error.

I am also thinking maybe the R300 model remedied this problem.

------------------
Me Bill
Yamaha PSR2000

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online