SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#146355 - 06/10/02 10:21 PM X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hi X1 owners. I was talking to another X1 owner and we decided to come up with this thread so that we can have a list of what we want improved on the X1 and email it to Solton/Ketron as a group to hopefully carry more weight. Being that the XD series is out, I am not sure how much more attention is being paid to the X1 so hopefully this will help us out.

My current Wish list for X1:

-16MB RAM => NEED OPTION TO EXPAND IT

-FLASH CARD needs to be fixed to be 100% reliable

-we need to have the software that allows us to create our own SND file combinations. This way if there are certain sounds from one "SND kit" and certain sounds from another "SND kit" that we like, we can combine those into ONE SND KIT of our taste and load that up.

Please tell me what you want to improve on your X1, and let me know via email if you want your name included in the signature.

Thanks
mosiqaar@hotmail.com

#146356 - 06/11/02 01:20 AM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Mosiqaar,

Good idea that you came up with this thread! Ketron would surely score a lot of points with their costumers if they elegantly decide to continue putting efforts in upgrading the OS and in getting some details fixed.

Personally I would like very much to have one of the XD features implemented in the "old" X series: the "new" manual bass (manual bass along with all the other style parts). I had this feature in an old and basic Casio arranger, many years ago and I miss it so much... This feature really fits my playing style, as it probably fits a lot of other players' styles out there.

I would also like to see a better working Harmony feature, and the elimination of some harmonizer anomalies. I don't know how deeply these fixes would interfere with the instrument basic concepts, but it would be important to give them some attention.

As to your sugestions, I agree it would be very useful to have the possibility of combining individual new sounds in one SND set. Imagine that one needs three sounds from three different sound banks. One can load one of them in RAM, another in the optional flash card, but there's no way (so i think...) to load a third sound from a third sound bank...

As to the flash card I never had reliability problems with mine...

Of course, you can include my name when you forward our sugestions to Ketron.

-- José Matias

#146357 - 06/11/02 07:24 AM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
I like you idea Mosiqaar,
I think there are quite a few things that should be improved in X1 to make us happy.
I agree with your suggestings and I am adding a few more :

1.Introducing ROOTLESS CORD RECOGNITION which is already in SD-1.

2.Introducing RENAMING .WAV files within the MSP edit menu.
This would solve the problem of overwriting .wav files with the same name from different MSPs if they are stored within the same folder on HD.

3.Allow individual TRACK EDIT within a pattern.
Right now we need to delete completely for example a bass line and record another one instead of modification. This feature has been in many arrangers for a long time (even my old KORG i2 had it).

4.Give more space for MSPs, at least 16, like in SD-1.

I hope the Ketron will help us with this the same way they did with SD-1.

Regards

#146358 - 06/11/02 03:27 PM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Denis007:

1.Introducing ROOTLESS CORD RECOGNITION which is already in SD-1.

"What a Wonderful World This Would Be"!...

-- José.

#146359 - 06/11/02 04:50 PM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
consistant reverb levels would be and has been a request from dano .
Also make harmony setting 01 = unison ! over
and out .

#146360 - 06/11/02 09:56 PM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Mosiqaar Offline

Keep'em coming guys:

Addition to my list:

-Need to be able to assign ANY sound to ANY track in the sequencer (for pattern building). Meaning if I want to have 3 different drum kits on any three different tracks to be able to do so, including the drum2 track (which is now dedicated to grooves).

-Need to NOT have the aftertouch STUCK when you change sounds while using aftertouch. Everytime I change sound, if I happen to be pushing in aftertouch, the new sound is stuck with it even after I release, and it sounds really bad.

-OS needs to recognize when you are using a USR drum or INTERNAL, or FLASH CARD...with the Oriental OS on their, somehow I have to play an internal style before the OS would recognize the drum kit and grooves being used for PATTERNS! So many times when I forget to play intenral style, I end up with a pattern without the groove sounds (very plain), in which case I have to stop the music to fix this without sounding bad! Either way, its a no no in live music!

#146361 - 06/18/02 12:52 PM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Ketron User Offline

Hi all,

I want the ability too load Akai-S1000 sounds. Therefore a bigger memory is needed (+/- 512 Mb RAM).

Also want the software to create soundbanks.
B.t.w, someone out there ho knows wath program can load those SND-files ??

Belgium regards.

#146362 - 06/18/02 11:19 PM Re: X1 Owner? Want improvements? Come on in :)
Mosiqaar Offline

Hi Ketron User

As far as loading SND files into your X1, you need no program, you just load them via disk or direct connection to PC.

IF you mean which program actually creates those SND files, then that is Ketron exclusive so far, and it really is about time they distribute this software to allow us to create our own SND libraries, which is on my wish list above

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online