SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143498 - 12/22/04 06:25 AM Help, Will I be embarassed ???
musicman37 Offline

Hello again, I will be playing out for different crowds and was wondering. Living on a budjet, will the psr3000 sound quality carry me or should I consider the tyros? Remember, I do live on a tight budjet but I also don't want to sound synthetic, so to speak. I like the 3000, ( what I have seen, dont have one yet ) but want to make sure I invest in something that will perform and not dissapoint the crowd because of sound quality. Thank everyone, your responses are greatly appreciated.

Phil

#143499 - 12/22/04 06:30 AM Re: Help, Will I be embarassed ???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The sound of the 3000 will be fine. I have the Tyros, but in reality, the audience won't be able to tell the difference.
The main advantage to the Tyros is not the sound, although I do believe it's a little better, it's the operator features.
DonM

#143500 - 12/22/04 07:45 AM Re: Help, Will I be embarassed ???
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You shouldn't have a problem. There are several of us using the 3000 and experienced excellent results, plus lots of great accolades from our audiences.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#143501 - 12/22/04 08:42 AM Re: Help, Will I be embarassed ???
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Everyone has a different opinion as to which boards sound synthetic or realistic. I recently spent an hour playing with a 3000 at a local music store and I did like some of the features and layout but the keys and sounds "in my opinion" are toyish. If your on a budget maybe you should look into the Korg Pa 50/60, has realistic sounds and is less than the 3000. Many people here have the 3000, maybe they are better suited to give you a firm opinion but I wouldn't even consider the 3000, again that's my opinion.

#143502 - 12/22/04 09:00 AM Re: Help, Will I be embarassed ???
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The mic input sets the Yamaha above the Korg in that price range. Is that important to you?

#143503 - 12/22/04 10:22 AM Re: Help, Will I be embarassed ???
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by musicman37:
Hello again, I will be playing out for different crowds and was wondering. Living on a budjet, will the psr3000 sound quality carry me or should I consider the tyros?

Phil, as a Tyros owner myself, I assure you that the PSR3000's sound quality will satisfy your audience as much as the Tyros. The primarly advantages of the Tyros are in its additional features, not sound quality. Audience disappointment is predicated by your keyboard performance (playing) not the keyboard itself, so don't hesitate to get the PSR3000, and then focus on working on your chops. - Scott

#143504 - 12/22/04 12:47 PM Re: Help, Will I be embarassed ???
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Scott, your right when you say that it's how well you perform and not the sound quality, for certain individuals. I say this because a friend of mine plays out with a Casio and does very well. I personally am sure there are others that would prefer to have the sound quality and feel of a real back up band. Depends who your playing for and what type of events. If you play for 500+ as I do then you want sound quality at higher volumes, this is where you can tell the diference from one keyboard to another, at low volumes they all sound decent. I use a triton in the band I play with. I own a Pa80 which was given to me as a gift, I took out of the box when I first got it and then put it away. I can't have the arranger features up on stage, "could hit the wrong button" purchased the triton to replace my yamaha and am very satisfied. Again, it is really personal preference but the 3000 even feels like a toy, sounds do not compare to triton.

[This message has been edited by SYNTH_GUY (edited 12-24-2004).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online