SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143336 - 01/14/02 04:02 AM TO PA80 OWNERS?
shakeel Ahmed Offline

Loc: gujranwala,punjab,Pakistan
THANK U BLUESPLAYER AND GEORGE FOR THE RESPONSE.
ACTUALY,I INTEND TO ADD A SECOND ARRANGER IN
MY SETUP.RIGHT NOW I HAVE 9000,WHICH I THINK
HAS A VERY POOR SEQUENCER.I CAN NOT RECORD
ACC FROM THE MEASURE I WANT,IF I MAKE ANY
MISTAKE WHILE RECORDING ACC.IT GIVES ME STEP
RECORD WHICH IS NOTHING MORE THAN JUST WASTING OF TIME AND BREAKS THE FLOW OF IDEAS.

I ASK PA80 OWNERS, DEOS IT ALLOW US TO
RECORD ACC FROM THE MEASURE WE WANT? OR DOESE IT GIVE US PUNCH IN AND OUT WHILE REC
THE ACC.

#143337 - 01/15/02 02:01 AM Re: TO PA80 OWNERS?
drpete Offline

Loc: Fresno, CA USA
No.....you have to start from the beginning evertime you make a mistake. It got 2 sequencers...but useless for recording the accompaniment. I've searched long and hard for this feature. Now I found the the Korg i30 and the technics 5000 and 6000 series all have this feature.

Bee

#143338 - 01/15/02 03:17 AM Re: TO PA80 OWNERS?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
All Technics have this feature, at least
from KN800 and up.
Can't you do a 'punch in' or anything like
that when working with the sequenser/composer
on Yamaha? have to start all from the beginning???
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#143339 - 01/15/02 09:52 AM Re: TO PA80 OWNERS?
shakeel Ahmed Offline

YES!!! TAHTS THE TRAGIC FLAW WIHT ALL
THE PSR INCLUDING 9000 AND PRO.IT DOES NOT
PROVIDE PUNCH FUNCTION FOR RECORDING ACC.

ONLY FOR THIS FEATURE I HATE YAMAHA
SO FOR AS MY RESEARCH IS CONCERND IT ONLY
TECHNICS WHO WINS THE VOTE.THATS WHY SOON
I AM GOING TO BUY KN6500.WELDONE TECHNICS!!!!

#143340 - 01/15/02 10:30 AM Re: TO PA80 OWNERS?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Shakeel,
I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. I own both the Technics KN5000 & Yamaha PSR2000 and both their style part recording features are pretty similar. They both support loop recording/editing (both real & step rec modes), but neither the KN5000 or PSR Keyboards support 'punch rec' of style accompaniment parts. I personally don't see the need for punch rec here because loops are usually pretty short (2 to 8 measures long). The only caveat about the PSR keyboards is that it's not possible (out of the box)to edit or add onto (append) an existing track (except for the drum rhythm track). Apparently Yamaha (for copy protection reasons) wanted to keep us from taking any of the built in styles and editing them. But, with Mike Bedesem's software utility available for free from SVPWorld: http://www.svpworld.com/util_styleedit.htm
you can easily make ALL style parts editable (realtime & step edit).
- Scott http://scottyee.com

PS: I assume that when you say ACC, you are referring to 'accompaniment' style parts, right?

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 01-15-2002).]

#143341 - 01/16/02 10:24 AM Re: TO PA80 OWNERS?
shakeel Ahmed Offline

THANK U SCOTTYEE,

YES,U DID NOT PICK MY
POINT.I AM NOT CONCERNED WITH THE RECORDING
OF STYLE PARTS,RATHER REC OF STYLES(ACC)
IN THE SONG SEQUENSES.
NOW,DOES PSR 2000 PROVIDE US WITH THE LOOP
OF ACC IN THE SONG SEQUENCE SECTOIN?
PLS POST THE ANSWER!! BYE!!

#143342 - 01/16/02 04:14 PM Re: TO PA80 OWNERS?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Because I wanted to build a lot of sequenced tunes quickly so as to play my sax with and after an exhausted period of a month or so of looking locally and going to the i30 forum, I decided to get the i30.

The i30 forum said "it is the best sequencer on earth for sequenceing tunes using the Accompaniment." I took their word for it and they were right.

Some Yamaha's won't even copy and past measures. I'm still happy as a lark with the i30 after two years. And the styles are still super sounding to me.

The closest styles I like to it are the Technics and the PSR2000. However I've only heard the PSR2000 and the Technics through earphones. And every thing sounds much better on earphones to me.

The i30 does "punch in" record also. It has 2 sequencers. One for build a song one instrument at a time. and the BSQ(Backing Sequence Mode) which is the sequencer that does the Accompaniment sequenceing.

I like the ih harmonizer also more than the Yamaha's that I've tried locally including the 9000. Try "What's New" on any keyboard with all of the pasing chords with the harmonizer and then come try it on my i30. Listen to the choir intro on "Old Man River" by Ray Charles and do it on any arranger and then come try it on my i30 and see what you think.

Still happy after all these years, (Maybe I'll write a song with this title)

I took quite a bit of criticism here for the i30. I'm glad someone else found something they thought was better about the i30.
Boo

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online