SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#143242 - 06/16/03 07:08 PM 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Does anyone here own or have an experience with 'Standtastic' brand keyboard stands?
http://www.lmproducts.com/indexstand.cfm

What's intriguing is that the stand can be adjusted both width and depth, to accomodate your specific keyboard dimensions, providing 'maximum' support & stability for your keybooard (no bounce)! It also states that this stand is lightweight and quick & easy to setup/breakdown. It also appears that you can add an optional mic boom attachment as well:
http://www.lmproducts.com/dspStandCatalog.cfm#accessories

The IMPORTANT question now is: How HEAVY is this thing? It doesn't appear to state this on their website.

Input and feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Scott

#143243 - 06/16/03 08:00 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Just looking at the photo, it doesn't appear all that sturdy. The spec sheet also does not list the load capacity, but it does say it is made of channel steel, which means it most of the connections are likely welded. The way the keyboard arms are supported (from the rear only) tends to make me believe that it probably is not sturdy as they claim, and also I suspect that it will have a fair amount of bounce. I'll stick with my Quic-Loc.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#143244 - 06/16/03 08:22 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Scotty, the best thing to do is stop by your local GC and check them out. According to Musiciansfriend.com http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=...p?q=Standtastic they are made of "light weight" aluminum so I would assume they are going to be fairly light. They also have "Steel" stress points so they should be very solid and secure contrary to what Gary said. I could be wrong of course. That is just my opinion. When and if you go to GC maybe pull a Tyros from the Keyboard section and place it on the Standtastic and give it a real work out. Or take your own Tyros if that's easier. You'll notice that neither Music123.com or Zzounds.com carries the Standtastic. Just Musiciansfriend.com, and most likely, because of the correlation, Guitar Center should too. Note: give em' a call before going in to make sure they have them in stock. PS: They aren't cheap are they. But in most cases you get what you pay for.

Best regards,
Mike

#143245 - 06/16/03 09:23 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
Dnj Offline

Scott.......

I bought the standtastic Kb stand 2 years ago
Its the most heavy duty stand I ever used, BUT it is so heavy 2x more then the best
X stand its not recomended for travling every night I sent it back after about 5 gigs. Its so sturdy you can jack up a car with it :>).......a great studio stand, everything [arms] hook in with heavy duty cotter pins, even the mic boom is heavy duty. alsot of their stuff is for KB displays in music stores also.

#143246 - 06/16/03 09:26 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Standtastic is the brand of keyboard stands Yamaha USA used to sell. I tried these several years ago, although the pictures look just like the same stand. I objected to how wobbly the keyboard was when placed on the stand. There was too much shake when I played the keyboard and it was too easy to hold the keyboard and make it wobble left to right. Yamaha has stopped distributing these stands.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#143247 - 06/16/03 09:42 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I objected to how wobbly the keyboard was when placed on the stand. There was too much shake when I played the keyboard and it was too easy to hold the keyboard and make it wobble left to right.

George, thanks for your valuable input. Assuming the 'Standtastic' stand your talking about is the SAME as the ones advertised in the links above, I won't even consider it now. The weird thing is that Standistic's print adverstising slogan (see page 104 of June 2003 issue of Keyboard Magazine) says:

"Balls should Bounce, NOT Keyboards !"

I suppose they were in the clear to say this as wobble & bounce are two different things. Like Gary, I'm sticking with my sturdy (and both bounce AND wobble proof) Quiklok stand (Monolith). btw: I don't think my local Guitar Center store carrys Standtastic, and I can see why now, as it's rather steep price appears rather wobbly as well.

Scott

#143248 - 06/17/03 06:49 AM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
Dnj Offline

Scott

why are you even considering a new stand?

#143249 - 06/17/03 04:47 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
losasso Offline

I wouldn't listen to everything you hear on this forum. Try it yourself! I've had one for 6 months. It supports a PA80 and a Fantom-S. It's sturdy, yet lightweight enough to easily take down and put up again. It's fantastic!

#143250 - 06/17/03 05:10 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by losasso:
I wouldn't listen to everything you hear on this forum

So then... since your posting on THIS FORUM, why should I listen to you?!?

#143251 - 06/17/03 11:28 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott
why are you even considering a new stand?

Though I'm certainly happy with my Quiklok Monolith stand, thinking that the Standtastic stand was a brand new item (don't remember seeing it before), I thought it's concept of an adjustable width & depth to perfectly match your keyboard's specific dimensions, a novel approach worth checking into.

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT to losasso: So then... since your posting on THIS FORUM, why should I listen to you (losasso) ?!?

GlennT: Perhaps because losasso states he's actually had first hand ownership experience (6 months) with the Standtastic keyboard stand. I for one think this counts a lot and that respecting fellow forum members opinions is important. It was NOT losasso's intention to put down anybody when he said "Don't believe everything you hear on the forum", but had used it to preface his 'differing view' on the Standtastic stand.

Quote:
I wouldn't listen to everything you hear on this forum. Try it yourself! I've had one for 6 months. It supports a PA80 and a Fantom-S. It's sturdy, yet lightweight enough to easily take down and put up again. It's fantastic!

losasso: I really appreciate your input on this subject, especially since you're an actual Standtastic keyboard stand owner with ownership experience. Interesting to hear that you don't mention any of the wobble & shake that George Kaye experienced. Which model of Standtastic stand do you own? I'm wondering now if the Standtastic stand George is referring was an older Stantastic model 'only sold thru Yamaha' which has since been improved to eliminate the shake & wobble.

Losasso: Please tell me the specific model and weight of your Standtastic keyboard stand, as well as approximately how long it takes (in seconds) to setup and breakdown. Thanks. - Scott

#143252 - 06/18/03 06:00 AM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I wouldn't listen to everything you hear on this forum

Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
So then... since your posting on THIS FORUM, why should I listen to you?!?

... because he said not to listen to "everything" which means you can listen to SOMETHINGS ... ...
t.

#143253 - 06/18/03 06:23 AM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
losasso Offline

I have product #702311 from musiciansfriend.com - the double tier 48" stand that came with a travel bag. I have no idea how much it weighs but I can easily carry it around (I'm 57 with a heart condition) and setup takes less than a minute. They also have accessories like a mike boom stand and a rack mount kit but they're not available yet - sometime towards the end of July.
PS. Some of you guys are way too sensitive.

#143254 - 06/18/03 09:48 AM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Tony... you're absolutely right. My eyes saw "everything" but my brain registered "anything". One half of one word makes quite a difference. Sorry there, losasso.

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
because he said not to listen to "everything" which means you can listen to SOMETHINGS

[This message has been edited by GlennT (edited 06-18-2003).]

#143255 - 06/18/03 10:55 AM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
says:

"Balls should Bounce, NOT Keyboards !"

Scott

LOL .....Scott ,
That's the funniest thing I've seen you print yet ! Thanks .
Dano

PS ...new medical name for viargra is out .

myodicksafloppin is on the label at most pharmacy's .

#143256 - 06/18/03 12:23 PM Re: 'Standtastic' Keyboard Stand?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I personally think the rack-mount idea is fantastic!! I wish Quic-loc would come out with something like that. But then again, that would make the stand VERY heavy and not so quick to setup and breakdown. Oh well, back to the drawing board. Don't mind me having a conversation with myself. LOL

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online