SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#143094 - 10/30/05 12:12 PM my first record on the T2....
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Well, today I attempted my first multitrack recording on Tyros 2, just to see how it performed. For this little riff I began using the Acoustic Rock style, but only the drums and bass.. I muted the rest. I also began by playing an electric piano along with it to define a basic sequence. Next I laid down the SA Concert Acoustic Guitar. Then added a SA sax melody in places, then some SA jazz organ in the background and some SA warm electric guitar near the end in the rhythm section. Finally a smidge of choral pads to round off.

Unfortunately I dont have a harddrive installed in the T2 yet, so I had to record it into my PC soundcard. However I've opted for 192kbs WMA in 48KHz stereo, so it should sound pretty ok. You ought to be able to play this on windows media player. I recommend first downloading it (its 4MB) before playing, right click on the link below and choose save target as to do this. See what you think, as I said its a quick inventive riff so nothing musically wonderful about it!

http://www.svpworld.com/mp3/tyros%202/firstT2riffSVPworld.wma

Enjoy,

Simon

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

#143095 - 10/30/05 12:25 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Smooth Jazz baby... yeah...

Very nice sound, mix, blend use of voices etc.
Also very nice groove.

Well done.

Thanks for sharing

Eric

#143096 - 10/30/05 12:33 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
Roel Offline

Simon,
Excellent playing & use of the T2 !

Thanks for sharing.

Roel

#143097 - 10/30/05 01:45 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Simon. . .

Nice easy jazz kinda sound. Really liked it. What I'm hearing more than anything else about the T2, besides the life-like quality of the sounds, is how distinct they are within styles (of course you layered stuff of your own). The keyboard is a huge advancement over the tinny, unseparated sound of older keyboards, imo. By the way, I'd like to know more about how you recorded it. . .what kind of software for multi-tracking and how difficult it is to get the hang of (right now I use Goldwave without multi-tracking). Also, do you have any suggestions about sound cards (I just use the one that came with my Dell computer). Understand you're busy with the new board. I can always post these questions some other time. Thanks, DerfM

#143098 - 10/30/05 02:09 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Didn't use any software to make the recording. Everything you heard was recorded directly on the keyboards own sequencer, then the finished song played back and recorded from the tyros 2 line outputs. I tend to prefer using just a few tracks of a style, especially the presets as I find them too busy for my own stuff. Sometimes I use the whole style to get an idea down, then replace or delete the style tracks and add my own.
In terms of soundcards, I use a 24 bit M-Audio card. Its very basic when you compare it to the likes of creative stuff, but what it does it does well! (good clean quality). Of course once I put a harddrive in the Tyros 2, I wont need to worry about the PC soundcard as I can do direct digital recording to wav on the tyros 2.

Simon

#143099 - 10/30/05 02:16 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
trtjazz Offline

Simon,
Eccellent piece and very well done the T2 sounds outstanding here. I do get a hint of a scratchie sound from the recording especially upfront, otherwise this is a demo I think Yamaha should be proud that you put up as a great advert for the T2.

I too find all styles way to bust and use only bits from any of them as you do.

Cool demo thanks,
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#143100 - 10/30/05 02:18 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
DerfMuisc Offline

Loc: rohnert park, california, usa
Simon. . .

Thanks. I've used the sequencer in the past, but there are limitations with adjusting levels and that sort of thing. At least now with the T2, we'll be able to use the sequencer and then add vocals on the hard drive, making the soundcard irrelevant. Anyway, sounds good. DerfM

#143101 - 10/30/05 02:26 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
church Offline

Loc: Fremont,CA.
Quote:
Originally posted by svpworld:
Didn't use any software to make the recording. Everything you heard was recorded directly on the keyboards own sequencer, then the finished song played back and recorded from the tyros 2 line outputs. I tend to prefer using just a few tracks of a style, especially the presets as I find them too busy for my own stuff. Sometimes I use the whole style to get an idea down, then replace or delete the style tracks and add my own.
In terms of soundcards, I use a 24 bit M-Audio card. Its very basic when you compare it to the likes of creative stuff, but what it does it does well! (good clean quality). Of course once I put a harddrive in the Tyros 2, I wont need to worry about the PC soundcard as I can do direct digital recording to wav on the tyros 2.

Simon
Simon niece job.Sounds great on my end.Got all th pluses on my Sound card pluse 5.1 speakers.I can hear just a tiny bit of scrathy sound like a old record on my Rig? but you hardly notice it.I'll have to listen to it again,I'll boost up my Hardware,have for gameing on low some times to get higher FPS.Question,on the sax breathing,and any thing else for Mega,Articuilar,what is needed or do you use?like foot switches,Volume Pedals? Great job,and your other hard work for support and so on.Thanks.Hearing more of this T2 make me just wanting to order one up,then the Wife will have me live somewhere else.(MONEY)Just Bought the 3000 a Month ago,darn it.
Ron

#143102 - 10/30/05 02:38 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
church Offline

Loc: Fremont,CA.
Quote:
Originally posted by church:
Quote:
Originally posted by svpworld:
[b]Didn't use any software to make the recording. Everything you heard was recorded directly on the keyboards own sequencer, then the finished song played back and recorded from the tyros 2 line outputs. I tend to prefer using just a few tracks of a style, especially the presets as I find them too busy for my own stuff. Sometimes I use the whole style to get an idea down, then replace or delete the style tracks and add my own.

Simon
Simon niece job.Sounds great on my end.Got all th pluses on my Sound card pluse 5.1 speakers.I can hear just a tiny bit of scrathy sound like a old record on my Rig? but you hardly notice it.I'll have to listen to it again,I'll boost up my Hardware,have for gameing on low some times to get higher FPS.Question,on the sax breathing,and any thing else for Mega,Articuilar,what is needed or do you use?like foot switches,Volume Pedals? Great job,and your other hard work for support and so on.Thanks.Hearing more of this T2 make me just wanting to order one up,then the Wife will have me live somewhere else.(MONEY)Just Bought the 3000 a Month ago,darn it.
Ron

[/B]
I Jacked up my sound card hardware,get the same,It's tiny small crackling sound? anybody else get this?I have the SB audigy2 value sound Card, not the best but it does the job 99.99%.Some of us been having problems with this card because SB won't give us a latter Driver.it's ok on other Media playing,just wondering on Simons Demo?
Ron

#143103 - 10/30/05 03:13 PM Re: my first record on the T2....
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Very nice Somon.

Everything about the Tyros sounds awesome EXCEPT the drums. I am a drummer, and those drums sound way too laid back. I like in your face snares and more contemporary riffs. I think Yamaha needs to do a better job of getting this right in their styles and drum kits. I know they added power drums, but that's not what I'm talking about. They should have added more contemporary drum sounds and styles.

IMHO
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online