SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#142788 - 11/28/05 09:29 AM What is going on?
DannyUK Offline

I've been a member of this board since 1999, and although i don't post as much as i used to, i still read and lurk. There are many many great threads, and this board does continue to grow.

But what has saddened me to see is the amount of bickering and rowing that has taken place against members - and really to achieve what exactly? Surely we need to encourage one another rather then making them feel unwelcome and ultimately having the need to leave?

I am a nobody, but maybe a message from a nobody may help - to those who have left or have threatened to leave, please re-consider and return, and for the rest of us to keep in harmony with each other, after all, we all are here to share one thing that we all love - music! And nobody can take THAT away from us.

Take care everybody.
Danny

#142789 - 11/28/05 09:47 AM Re: What is going on?
ocomain Offline

Well said, Danny!!! By the way, you definitely are a somebody!!!

Michael

#142790 - 11/28/05 09:51 AM Re: What is going on?
DannyUK Offline

Thank you, that is very kind of you to say.

Perhaps all these problems are done "out of habbit" rather than being deliberatly mean to someone. We just need to break this cycle & the habbit, because it never used to be this way.

So again, people that have been thinking of leaving (or have left and are lurking, PLEASE return and post).

Danny.

#142791 - 11/28/05 11:24 AM Re: What is going on?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Danny, look at the names of the posters. How many of those were around six years ago? Three? One?

There are a lot of new kids on the block and they haven't all learned how to get along together yet. With the absence of the more established members, the new members have to reestablish order and rapport. In all, I feel the SZ is healthy. There have always been those whose noses have gotten out of whack. The SZ is strong enough to handle this stuff. Let's just sit back and enjoy.

#142792 - 11/28/05 12:57 PM Re: What is going on?
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Hi, Danny.

One of the things I've seen in the music business in an increasing frequency is a lack of the comraderie that was common a few years ago. Competition and the ability of more singles to compete with sequences...whatever, has spawned some very competitive; even confrontational interactions.

Sadly,that's also sort of the way things are in corporate America..often the ones who get the work are not necessarily the most talented, but the most aggressive.

True competition is great in theory, but all the "baggage" so common in many fields is unfortunate.

We are all in competition with others. If we were all in the same geography, we'd be in head to head competition. The "zone" sort of harks back to a kinder, gentler day, where sharing of experience...mentoring, if you will, was the norm.

Keeping the spirit of the group in mind would go a long way towards eliminating the recent "bumps" in the road.

Best to all,

Russ

#142793 - 11/28/05 05:19 PM Re: What is going on?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyUK:

I am a nobody, but maybe a message from a nobody may help -
Take care everybody.
Danny

Danny... To the world, you may be one person ... to one person, you may be the world ... You are definitely SOMEbody ....
t.

#142794 - 11/28/05 11:08 PM Re: What is going on?
DannyUK Offline

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online