SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#141331 - 11/05/02 10:26 PM Re: Yamaha Pitch Bender Wheel VS Roland Pitch Bender Joystick
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Well of course you can't do it at exactly the same time, but you can learn to fake it pretty well. I think that if you could master bending with the footswitch it would be better.
DonM

Don, I was actually beginnng to think that maybe you really 'did' have some sort secret trick up your sleeve to accomplish this feat. Oh well, back to the fixed on/off foot pedal method.

Come to think of it, it would be cool if there could be a foot pedal controler system devised similar to an expression pedal, in which you could control the 'amount' of pitch bend by how far you press the foot pedal down. Unfortunately the on/off type foot control pedal I currently use only allows you to produce a FIXED pitch bend amount (1/2 step, whole step, etc), which lacks the realisitic musical subtlties that variable pitch bending provides. - Scott

#141332 - 11/06/02 12:38 AM Re: Yamaha Pitch Bender Wheel VS Roland Pitch Bender Joystick
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hey Scott,
ever tried to use the pitch bend joystick with your left elbow? With a little practice, it works...

#141333 - 11/06/02 03:18 AM Re: Yamaha Pitch Bender Wheel VS Roland Pitch Bender Joystick
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Some of the organs used to have a knee lever that you could use for pitch bend.
DonM

#141334 - 11/06/02 07:05 AM Re: Yamaha Pitch Bender Wheel VS Roland Pitch Bender Joystick
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I use aftertouch to pitch bend with my G1000..

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online