SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#140990 - 06/18/05 06:29 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Roel Offline

Medimax,
Windows can operate very stable in a dedicated (fit for purpose) application. It is the 'shit' that is running what sometimes causes problems.

I took a look/listen at wersi.... and you are right. It seems they got stuck in the late-eighties

#140991 - 06/18/05 11:45 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
golemxiii Offline

Hi,

Windows's not very stable when you use it for a long period (ex. as server, memory lack). Linux is far more stable & efficient & low cost.

Me.

#140992 - 06/18/05 01:02 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
I own a Wersi Abacus Duo Pro and can tell you from first hand experience Windows crashing on the Wersi isn't something that's ever happened to me and it isn't likely. The key to Wersi running Windows and it being stable is that the OS has been optimized for the Wersi. As long as you install software that is made for and optimized to work in the Windows environment, there won't be conflicts. Conflicts in software setups can wreak havoc on any OS.

I've seen far too many people try and run 50 programs on their PC only to see it crash. They blame Windows saying its "crap"' but the culprit is probably third party software that has bugs in it or the computers lack of processing speed and memory. You wouldn't try and pull a 12,000 pound trailer with a Yugo so why try and run numerous software programs on your computer if it doesn't have the speed and memory to run those programs?

#140993 - 06/18/05 01:28 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
manic2257 Offline

Loc: australia
medimax, roel is totally correct, if windows (particularly XP) could run by itself it is a stable as ANY other op system, BUT because it has been around so long microsoft have to ensure backwards compatibility with thousands of programs (a lot of which have very dubious programming skills behind them) and it is THESE programs that cause windows to shut down...but this is not a PC forum so i will leave it there..believe me i could go on (as could roel i suspect ) but "time and place"...

peace, out

#140994 - 06/18/05 01:41 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
manic2257 Offline

Domenik, when and where is this keyboard going to be available in australia? we can't buy from europe or US coz of power supply problems (lol just ask behringer!) ...second, i agree with sharp on the copyright issue, i write and produce midi files, songs, and am now attempting writing styles, and the intellectual copyright always remains with the author..now someone could re-arrange that data, and yes it is almost impossible to tell, (unless the author has certain embedded material in the file)..so in the REAL world thousands of people breach copyright all the time, it is illegal, prob immoral, but it happens, and if i read your posts correctly domenik, you do too...getting buyers to do their own styles nicely does away with lionstracs having to 1. expend time on style creation 2. worrying about any copyright breaches by using 3rd party styles.

i suspect domenik already knows this...after all he isnt a silly person, he a has assisted in (and i dont know to what level) the creation of a great concept and possibly great keyboard, i am SURE he understands copyright and its implications fully please dont misunderstand domenik, i understand where you are coming from, personally i dont agree, but the commercial side of me does understand your modus operandi..l8r
dennis
peace, out

#140995 - 06/19/05 01:31 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 07-22-2005).]

#140996 - 06/19/05 07:55 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
golemxiii Offline

Hi domenik,

I think (perhaps I'm wrong) but with you main product, your team don't make lots of money (in regard of work done).

So I think it's normal that, for the moment, you can't dedicate as much as money you wish for styles. Your offer (a mediatation for complete set of styles) must be taken as "It's a fun & great project to participate ! Come on...". At least, I see it like that.

People have to consider that Mediastation is a big thing. Not only an arranger but also a window on future. It can make so different things...

IMO, it would be interresting for a big company that own styles to help you. It would be definitly a low cost investisment (a great bet).

Your choice about linux is the best choice. Because people that know IT, know that.
Everybody use Windows, because it's the easiest OS to install vs Linux. But the things are changings (mentalities too). Linux will become, in few years, the next big thing (OS) for common people. Linux is reliable, fast, "almost as easily installable as Windows", etc...

When I throw a look on Mediastation's topics, I see that, at the end, you are disapointed by reaction of people. And often, I agree with you.

Like I said before, the mediastation don't be taken as other products that seems to be similar. But as an adventure.

Great work ! Go on !

Me.

#140997 - 06/19/05 10:25 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Anonymous
Unregistered

d

[This message has been edited by domenik (edited 07-22-2005).]

#140998 - 06/19/05 10:55 AM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Domenik, I would love to qualify, to recieve a Mediastation X-76 , to try out and post my review...

I would also be willing to load my style library in your "loaner", while in my posession...and when[or if,,,I purchase it from you] I return it to you,I am sure I will leave the styles on board..This way you can delete them as you wish..

So what do you say...A trial unit for one of your old dealers?..Fran Carango, Specialties Ltd.

#140999 - 06/19/05 02:39 PM Re: Mediastation X-76 Audio-Midi Arranger...
manic2257 Offline

to domenik, i repeat the question , what's the deal with units coming to australia? and personally, i don't give a "rats" whether it has styles or not, as you would say that is my problem not yours.
thanks
dennis

[This message has been edited by manic2257 (edited 06-19-2005).]

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online