SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14019 - 09/08/00 09:56 PM CAN I ACESS 8 OR 16 TRACKS ON THE ASR10?
coolrahool Offline

I'VE OWNED A ASR 10 FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS NOW AND I 'VE ALWAYS ONLY USED UP THE 8INSTRUMENT TRACKS TO LOAD SOUNDS INTO AND I'M CONFUSED BECAUSE I THOUGHT CORRECTION I KNOW THERE ARE 16 CHANNELS SO I SHOULD BE ABLE TO LOAD/ACESS 16 DIFFERENT INSTUMENTS. I KNOW OF OTHER,OLDER MACHINES WHERE YOU HAVE A MINIMUM OF 16 TRACKS WHERE YOU CAN LOAD INTO.ANYWAYS I KNOW SOMEONE OUT THERE KNOWS THIS MACHINE INSIDE OUT AND EITHER HAS ASOLUTION OR AT LEAST CAN SHED SOME LIGHT...I'LL BE SO HAPPY WHEN I FIGURE THIS OUT ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

#14020 - 09/19/00 05:31 PM Re: CAN I ACESS 8 OR 16 TRACKS ON THE ASR10?
star7rcs Offline

Loc: riverside,ca,usa
you can record an additional 8 tracks in song mode. once you put your 8 tracks into a song ,now you can record on each of those 8 tracks again with new material.

#14021 - 09/20/00 03:29 PM Re: CAN I ACESS 8 OR 16 TRACKS ON THE ASR10?
coolrahool Offline

thanks for the reply...
but all i need to know now is if you can now load an all new set of sounds to use in those 8 additional song tracks or are those song track only to add more notes using the original sounds that i had first loaded.basically what i want to know now is if after i record my sequence using the regular 8 tracks,can i now add on to the sequence using a different set of sounds

#14022 - 09/21/00 07:20 PM Re: CAN I ACESS 8 OR 16 TRACKS ON THE ASR10?
King Kenneth Offline

Loc: Malaysia
Hi, No you can only have 8 instruments loaded into the memory, but there is a way a round the problem. Some instruments, like eg. bass you normally only play in the lower regions of the keyboard, right? Try to split the intrument and have that cool vocal sample or drumloop on the higher end of the keyboard. Since you can adress the waves them self to different FX buses you can then apply different FX to them (even better if you have multi outputs!)
Hope it helps, but that was the reason why I bought a ASRX so that I can load 16 ASR sounds into it, but I still keep the ASR10 since it so great.

Regards, Kenneth

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online