SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13985 - 06/24/00 03:58 AM EPS16+ calibration error
Anonymous
Unregistered

HELP! The keyboard of my EPS16+ is not calibrating anymore. When i boot it, is says. TUNING KEYBOARD - HANDS OFF and after a few seconds i get the message: KBD FAILED - TRY AGAIN? when i say YES, it returns the same error over and over again. When i say NO, my keyboard (the left side) is unusable. I opened my EPS16+ and cleaned it the best i could and it helped for a while and now it's f*cked up again. I know this has something to do with the pressure of aftertouch but i don't even use these features. Is there a way to get around this calibration error? I don't need pressure d*mned!

#13986 - 06/26/00 07:52 AM Re: EPS16+ calibration error
VFChris Offline

Loc: Acworth, GA USA
I had similar problems with my ESQ-1 a few years back. every 8th key would go out intermittently. I opened up the top panel and took out the keyboard assembly and gave it and the inside a good once-over, and it's worked fine. You may want to try an electronic component cleaner (stuff in a can, available at a computer store) and spray it on some of the contacts. Wee bits of dirt can raise havoc in those old boards.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online