SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13932 - 02/25/08 07:34 AM E-mu Vintage Keys Plus (with Cubase)
jono56 Offline

Loc: Oxford
Hello,

I bought the E-MU Vintage Keys Plus on ebay about a year ago, mainly for live use and it's been great. Now I am endeavouring to get it to work with Cubase (Studio 4).

The module has 512 presets, but as it was made in the early 90's, it's not set up to respond to MIDI bank select changes from a sequencer, so I can currently only call up a maximum of 128 presets (i.e. 0-127) from Cubase. I understand one of the early Proteus modules has the same limitation.

All i want to do is to be able to select the remaining sounds (i.e. 128-511) directly from the sequencer rather than manully select them each time. Does anyone who uses either the VK+ (or the Proteus) know of a way of doing this? (There is the VK's "Program Change Mapping Table" facility, but I don't really understand how you use SysEx!).

I'd really appreciate any advice on this at all. When I bought it, i had no idea about E-MU's history and the fact that these "legacy" hardware modules don't get any tech support anymore! I'd love to hear from anyone who has used this module so i don't feel quite so alone...!

Thanks

jono

#13933 - 02/25/08 10:02 AM Re: E-mu Vintage Keys Plus (with Cubase)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Jono any of the 511 sounds can be mapped and recalled by a master controller[keyboard],,so I would think your Cubase can do the same..look for custom mapping or remapped functions with in Cubase..

You can assign any sound to the 128 locations for recall..

#13934 - 02/26/08 03:48 AM Re: E-mu Vintage Keys Plus (with Cubase)
jono56 Offline

Loc: Oxford
thanks Fran - i'll check it out!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online