SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13899 - 09/04/06 06:06 PM Ultra 4xt problem reading samples from CD
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an E-mu ultra 4xt emulator and am trying to upload new e-mu samples. My pc is running windows 2000 professional. The 4xt is connected to a scsi chain. The 4xt is set to scsi id 6 with termination on and the Avoid host set to 7. It is connected
to a scsi card with a CD-Rom. The scsi card is set to scsi id 7 and the cd rom is set with termination on and scsi id 4. The cd rom icon appears when browsing disks on the 4xt, but it seems to read the CD in a sluggish manner and always says "No Folders Exist for Drive!" when trying to view the samples.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to solve this issue.

[This message has been edited by mike6124 (edited 09-04-2006).]

#13900 - 09/04/06 07:34 PM Re: Ultra 4xt problem reading samples from CD
Justin Gazda Offline

Loc: Marietta GA, USA
Im not sure if this will help, but does the sampler read the hard drives in the computer as well? If not, you are not the only one who is having this problem. My friend and I can never get our computers(2000 pro) to work right with our e6400 and e5000.

So what I did was buy a thrift store performa and steal the CD drive out of it, which I then put in a SCSI external hardrive enclosure. It booted and recognized everything on the cd, but since it was only a dual-speed, It was a little slow. A more modern scsi CD drive should load faster.

On another note, If you found a scsi macintosh, you could use the CD drive in it without removing it from the computer. The E-XXXX can access it, I have been told.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online