SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138857 - 08/16/01 06:02 AM Will I dump my roland va-5 ?
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
I have just bought a second hand (as good as new) roland va-5.
But I don't like it very much.
I also have a technics kn6500....this is it for me.
I don't like the sounds very much off the va-5.
It is difficult to manipulate.
I think I will sell it and buy something else...but what.
I would like to have another keyboard to have acces to other voices and other styles.
Should I buy a soundmodule, another keyboard , a syntheziser....I don't know.
Can someone advice me ......a second keyboard (no roland).....
Thanks,
Alain

#138858 - 08/16/01 11:56 PM Re: Will I dump my roland va-5 ?
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Yes I will dump my va -5....I am selling it for 490 pounds , 800 dollars.

#138859 - 08/17/01 01:12 AM Re: Will I dump my roland va-5 ?
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Alain,

I notice you live (nearby) in Belgium.
So why not get yourself a used Solton from the MS series. You can pick your choice from
the one with speakers, MS60, the one without speakers (MS50) or the module (MS40). I have owned most of them, at present I still own the MS40 and I think they are great complimentary keyboards, even if they go back 6 or 7 years in time. They will surely make a good match with your KN6500 and you can pick 'em up where you live (koopjeskrant!!!) for about 25.000 to 35.000Bfrs. ( $ 700.=).

john

#138860 - 08/17/01 08:41 AM Re: Will I dump my roland va-5 ?
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Hi Al, I just want for you to give a little bit more time into learning va-5 keyboard. Don’t give up so easily ‘cause va series keyboard are awesome machines on what they can do in the studio. Unless you need a keyboard for live performance – stop right here, va is for studio musicians.

Anyway, I used to have g-1000. Trust me, it is not one of the easiest keyboards out there to learn and to perform on. Taking into consideration, it was my first arranger keyboard. I bought ‘cause it was with no doubts number one arranger in 1998. And I was shopping for 5 months…. I spent a lot of time with g-1000 and it paid itself in a few months. I was able to do just AMAZING things with it. Sounds were great, flexibility on creating styles and tweaking parameters, awesome and VERY powerful sequencer, I never had any problems with the keyboard. VA series is a new model of arrangers from Roland and it has all the features that g-1000 had plus much more. Just give it more time, it’s not a cheap $30 piano toy for kids IT IS suppose your brain to be involved in the learning process. You will see and gladly surprised on what things this keyboard can do. Just think of 3600 sounds and 116(!!!!) drum kits…. And they are awesome, don’t be fooled with the quantity or anything like that.

Once you understand the keyboard you will see how EASY to create music on it and how PROFESSIONAL it will sound.

------------------
New Yorker

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online