Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#137829 - 02/08/01 09:28 AM WERSI keyboards
Bevan Offline

Yesterday I heared WERSI styles played on a
VA7, they were very good! I think on a WERSI
they will be even much better. Why are there
not more messages about WERSI instruments?

#137830 - 02/08/01 09:33 AM Re: WERSI keyboards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe they are only in Germany.

#137831 - 02/08/01 01:17 PM Re: WERSI keyboards
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
The "new" abacus is now on the market for over a year.
The styles are excellent.
The VA 7 only wins on drums.
This keyboard has an internet connection...
There were two reasons I did not buy it;
1. The salesman in the shop was an ideot, and
had too much selfconfidence " he knew all about it" while he was talking total nonsense
2. No real service points in the Netherlands

another reason for gigging musicians;
It has windows software.
Imagine a blue screen in the middle of a performance....

#137832 - 02/08/01 01:26 PM Re: WERSI keyboards
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
I couldn't agree more concerning a gigging keyboard with win98 on it. I just thought the concept was pretty incredible. Practical, hmmm I guess if one was into an all in one solution from gigging to recording that live cd of your gig. I don't think my finacial manager aka wife would make room in the budget any time some for a Wersi anything.

#137833 - 02/08/01 03:25 PM Re: WERSI keyboards
Andreas Pruss Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Musicians all over the world!

I am from Germany and know "Wersi"Keyboards and Organs quite good. I played myself a Wersi-Spectra, Wersi-Wega and Pegasus.
I also know the new Keyboards-Line very well.
In my mind there is no other Kb with so dynamic and excellent Sounds than the new Abacus! But on the other hand some people in our German Yamaha forum wrote that the new Abacus has an Yamaha-Soundchip within.?!?
I think nobody knows It exactly, but the Wersi-Technicians...
If you want to compare this Kb with others, please, remember that It is very expensive:
In Germany it costs ca. 10.000,00 DEM!!!!
An Yamaha PSR 9000pro costs ca. 5.900,00 DEM.
Furthermore, the Wersi is able to play "wav"-files. For nearly one year Wersi told us about the "New Generation" and its“new "Real-Drum-Styles" (hundreds of them, they said!). But after this year nearly 50 will be able to be played...Perhaps I can tell you more after "Frankfurt".

I have to say that I“m very proud to reply In this international forum for the first time!
(I watched nearly each day...)
Please excuse my "School-English"! :-)

Keep on posting and have fun!

Best regards from Bochum/Germany
Andreas

#137834 - 02/08/01 09:01 PM Re: WERSI keyboards
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
In my confused opinion, the whole thing should have had the lap top as dock-able (where the floppy is), and, even better, as the only option.

That would have dropped the entry price by about two grand (That's about what a Fujitsu laptop with the Yamaha sound chip costs).

-muga-

#137835 - 02/09/01 01:21 AM Re: WERSI keyboards
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Personally I would not spend too much wishful thinking on this keyboard.
First of all it was "in the pipeline" for years, second it is pretty hard to get even in an "arranger keyboard mad country " like Holland, where you can virtually purchase a
well known top keyboard on every street corner (Sort of Sugarcandymountain no doubt
to you guys out there in the Midwest.....)
Even here in Holland it can not be obtained through the normal retail outlets but only and exclusively via one shop/importer.
thirdly the price is prohibitive, about the
equivalent of $ 4500.= !!
And if some of you in the States remark that the second hand value of a Solton keyboard, because it is not widely known or distributed,drops (too) fast , you can well imagine what might happen buying a German thing called Wersi. Mind you I am not saying it is not any good, I have never ever played the darn thing, but in view of the aforesaid and also in view of the goodies in store for us with the heralding of the Korg PA-80 and,
in particular the new Solton SD-1, I think the subject is of academic interest for the time being....................

#137836 - 02/09/01 12:48 PM Re: WERSI keyboards
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
Let's not miss the point that the REALLY important thing in the WERSI is their SOFTWARE PROGRAM (AutoAcc-manager, etc.) which RUNS UNDER Windows ALREADY.

Wersi might not overlook their benefit in selling thousands of the Wersi-Arranger-in-CD for about $200 or even less, with negligible incremental cost to their present investments. I wouldn't even be surprised if the WERSI PROGRAM, copied into our hard disks, runs as-is!

Several persons and myself have expressed interest on PC-SOFTWARE arrangers. I feel it's an unavoidable outcome. Why?

One can not avoid observing that a laptop already has:

1. The operating system
2. The memory
3. The floppy drive
4. The hard-disk
5. Many buttons (keys)and cursor controls to taste.
6. The "BIG" display everybody wants
7. A sound card and sound output ports.
8. The MIDI, firewire, USB(all externally expandable)ports
9. The CD (writer to burn CD's)
10. The internet connection for styles etc.

It is weird nowdays to insist on duplicating those devices (and charging for them) on musical arrangers when practically any one has a PC, or could buy one with the price reduction of not duplicating those items (laptops are getting cheaper and better).

-Not to mention, the crowding of the arrangers with more buttons than a regular laptop has for keys-.

Then we could have simpler musical keyboards with nice, big, uncrowded REAL-TIME controls such as draw-bars, joy-sticks, wheels, and some, but not very many, buttons (mushroom size and illuminated, if desired, just like in power plants).

For sound, I can say that the technology is now trivial to send DIGITAL SOUND to remote amplified-speakers WITH NO CABLES.

I can play my amplified speakers from any keyboard across the street, or down-stairs with no wires, no cables, no noise pickup to mystified observers.

I did it by modifying a set of $39.00 DIGITAL wireless headphones, with just a small screw-driver and a soldering iron. I'll post a picture and instructions if any one is interested).

I never designed music keyboards but do have engineering insight and a little common sense into a few things.

mbl

#137837 - 02/09/01 01:04 PM Re: WERSI keyboards
Jupiter5 Offline

Yes.... But...how many of you would WANT this keyboard if you had to choose between a kn6500/Yamaha 9000 pro - and the wersi of course - all for the same price? - I would go for the Wersi I think!

It is in a differnt league to other arranger keyboards it seems, and is for those who have £4000+ to spend. A "super" keyboard? - well, I haven't got a laptop, but sure would like this thing

#137838 - 02/10/01 02:54 AM Re: WERSI keyboards
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
hello mbl

I vaguely remember reading an article on
remote sound transmission by modifying a simple headphone set. I am very interested in learning how to, so would you be so kind as to send me the scheme?
(johnsmies@zeelandnet.nl ).
The observations you made on the Wersi Software are very true indeed, however It seems unreal to expect them to "dump" the essence of their keyboard on a 200 bucks ROM
CD. On the other hand if they are smart, surely they won't sell a great many keyboards at that price, but if all musicians could virtually obtain most of the benefits for a mere 200 dollars they might well sell hundreds of thousands of them, after all the profits come from the numbers they sell..........so we would all be the winner. Hopefully someone can bring this to the attention of the Wersi company. However,
it is my estimate that they are a very conservative and cooped up bunch, these Wersi
people............

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online