SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#137659 - 04/17/05 01:26 PM v.1,10
twice Offline

Loc: Skive, Denmark
Hello
I've install the v.1,10 and I can here a little changes in style, also the 2 style that was the same before, and there is a change in the overall sound.
But the is stille a bugs, when you change from one varition to another, and at the same time change one touch settings, there will be 2 fills, hope it will be fix lather.

#137660 - 04/18/05 12:14 AM Re: v.1,10
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Hello twice,
I've installed the 1.10 but I can't found your bug related to one touch: if you change the One touch before measure 4 of the fill you have only one fill, but if you change the one touch in the last measure it is ok to have another fill.
This is what I see, excuse me if I don't understand well your situation...

Another new feature is the import and conversion of old user program set from VA7,G1000... but I don't care about it because I don't have one of them... ;-)

Regards,
Rival

#137661 - 04/18/05 01:51 AM Re: v.1,10
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Phantom75:
Another new feature is the import and conversion of old user program set from VA7,G1000... but I don't care about it because I don't have one of them... ;-)
[/B]

Hello Rival,
yes, I just find out what is possible or not. It's a little bit difficult without a description. Some problems I think, are to combine the correct style with the performance.
Regards
Hanspeter

#137662 - 04/18/05 01:57 AM Re: v.1,10
twice Offline

Loc: Skive, Denmark
Hello
Your right about the fills it depend on the time your changes one touch setting, but I don't understand the meaning of changes the one touch settings will give one more fills.
Can your hear any changes in the style or the overall sound, I think the style and overall sound, is much better now, but I still need a good 4/4 style for us from er
Denmark

#137663 - 04/18/05 02:31 AM Re: v.1,10
Phantom75 Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:

Originally posted by twice
Your right about the fills it depend on the time your changes one touch setting, but I don't understand the meaning of changes the one touch settings will give one more fills.

the second fill happens because changing the One touch forces the relative (stored) variation...I suppose it is like if you press the button of the variation and this causes another fill... the problem, I can see, is that it happens even if the Main/Var filter is active in one touch options

Yes I can hear an overall improvement of the sound, especially some styles seem to have a better 'groove'...

bye,
Rival

#137664 - 04/19/05 02:05 PM Re: v.1,10
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Just a few suggestions in case you haven't found these features out yet. If you hold one of the one touch buttons for several seconds, the screen changes to "arranger settings" and below "one touch".
At the far right you see a section called "hold" and below this word there are 4 boxes which can be on or off. Below these four boxes there is an "all" with a "check" or a "none" with an "x".
If you select the "none", when you select a one touch button, depending on how it was programmed, you will always get an intro when you hit "1" while stopped, and you will get fill ins when you hit "2" and "3" and "4". If you don't want this to happen push the "all" tab and now when you change one touch settings you will not get these auto functions happening.

I'm also happy to report that when Chris Halon, the market development manager for Roland's CK division was in my store today, he said that much of version 1.10 features and "fixed" effects amounts was the result of my conversations with the Roland Italian designers while here at the NAMM show in January. I'm flattered! and also happy that they listened to what I had to say.
I also found out today that within the next few weeks, Roland will be putting on line for free downloading new styles made just for the G70 keyboard. These styles will be found at: www.rolandkeyboardclub.com
This is a site formed by Roland Europe and will be available to all at no charge!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
(Retired 2021)

#137665 - 04/20/05 11:40 AM Re: v.1,10
ironhill Offline

Hi George,
yes, variation change by OT is a good thing. But very good it will be, user would have the possibility storing wether or not 'LEFT HOLD' and/or 'MELODY INTELLIGENCE' is used in their own OT's. (Like it is possible in case of Yamaha arrangers).
An important function of V 1.10 is 'Import VA7/76 and G1000 User Programs' I tested it and I found it works well.(of coarse with some modifications).
Regards
Hanspeter

#137666 - 04/20/05 01:19 PM Re: v.1,10
bbc Offline

Loc: France
New features in 1.10
-Arranger polyphony = 48 notes instead of 34 allowing to use new sounds in G70 to enhance an overall sound environment
-"Users" Compatibility with G-1000 and VA-7
-Internal Styles compatibility from VA-7 ".STH"
- bugs solved...

#137667 - 04/20/05 01:44 PM Re: v.1,10
ironhill Offline

Hi,
O.K., but can you tell me, why it is necessary to inform user on private iniative
you or other do, instead of official Roland?
It's not easy to understand to me!
Regards
Hanspeter

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online