SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#137586 - 11/19/05 04:51 PM Re: What shall I get?
ocomain Offline

Tony,

Great choice! Extremely easy to navigate with nice sounds (same or very similiar to Fantom's). I don't think you can go wrong with this piece of gear, especially at this price point. The way it's set up will help ease you into making music without being too overwhelming. You're on your way now!

Michael

#137587 - 11/19/05 05:18 PM Re: What shall I get?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Rikki!!!!
Way to go! I even have a copy of OMB that I have never even looked at! Don't know why I did not think of that before! I will root it out and load it up and let you know. It may be an older version but I bet it does the job for now. THANKYOU for reminding me I had it! (oooh I'm all excited at getting it running now )

Michael,
thanks for the support! I REALLY liked the roland in the shop and like it even more now that I have spent the evening playing with it. A little frustrating learning new ways of doing things when you are so used to certain ways but I am enjoying it non the less. Even made my own pattern.....a little basic but a first for me! Just a drum line, a bass and some vocal scat but I impressed myself

#137588 - 11/19/05 06:07 PM Re: What shall I get?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
I think we're at version 8. It's fairly inexpensive to update ( if you already own the full version) if not, download the latest vers 8 demo. I don't think you can import your own styles into the demo version.

If you're looking for styles try http://psrtutorial.com/Files/files.html http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/

You'll need to do a bit of tweaking of the styles, omb's stylemaker page will give you all the tools you need.

Version 8 has
Voices Window ( where you play your styles in realtime)
Stylemaker Window ( Create or Edit existing styles. Even create styles from midifiles)
It has a Song Window for recording songs
An Arranger Window ( where you drop n drag chords & style parts ) similar method to BIAB
A sequencer window ( where you can edit & record midifiles
Even has a Kareoke window.

Turn a synth into an arranger/workstation keyboard voila!
If I can be of any help, let me know.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony W:
[B]Rikki!!!!
Way to go! I even have a copy of OMB that I have never even looked at! Don't know why I did not think of that before! I will root it out and load it up and let you know. It may be an older version but I bet it does the job for now. THANKYOU for reminding me I had it! (oooh I'm all excited at getting it running now )

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#137589 - 11/20/05 09:25 AM Re: What shall I get?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... and here I thought you were busy writing a musical ... glad to have you back ...
t.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online