SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#137576 - 11/19/05 06:02 AM Re: What shall I get?
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Tony

Your choice about kbds, is not important to me.The outstanding news :you came back.

Cheers
Chico

#137577 - 11/19/05 06:29 AM Re: What shall I get?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:

Donny, I take it you have got an SD1 now. Did the 3k not suit you? I would LOVE to audition an SD1 but have never ever seen one for sale here (at least not locally!) I don't think Ketron are as big here in the UK as they are in the US.
Looking forward to hearing your new cuts on it!

Tony.....I am now using a Ketron MIDJAY & a controller keyboard....
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum22/HTML/000784.html

its wonderful so far and Im amazed at the high quality sounds & styles...besides all the versatility of being able to play STYLES/ WAV/SMF/MP3.....plus a HD recorder and voc processor w/voc harmony also all in ONE 7LB UNIT!!!
Ketron is making some incredible sounding equipment...I hope you get a chance to check some out before your next purchase I think you'll like what you hear I have moved on from Yamaha & returned to Ketron for many reasons..I can discuss them with you anytime give me a shout...glad to have you back my friend!

#137578 - 11/19/05 06:32 AM Re: What shall I get?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony,

Good to see your smiling words again--welcome back. As for the keyboard, it doesn't make a bit of difference. You have an incredible talent and any board you choose will sound outstanding.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#137579 - 11/19/05 10:58 AM Re: What shall I get?
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Go for triton tr. very well priced and newly released

#137580 - 11/19/05 11:17 AM Re: What shall I get?
zuki Offline

Tony,
Tell me what's important to you and I'll let you know if it's available in the EXR7s.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#137581 - 11/19/05 11:22 AM Re: What shall I get?
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony W:
[B]Thanks guys for your warm words and for the advice!

Donny, I take it you have got an SD1 now. Did the 3k not suit you? I would LOVE to audition an SD1 but have never ever seen one for sale here (at least not locally!) I don't think Ketron are as big here in the UK as they are in the US ....

Hi Tony.

In case you become more interested in Ketron products SD1, Midjay etc, here is a link that I came accross when I had been shopping around. It's over the pond out your way and they say that they can arrange a demo.

Hopefully, not too far away to make the trip. If so, maybe they go door-to-door

Ed

The Music People

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 11-19-2005).]

#137582 - 11/19/05 02:14 PM Re: What shall I get?
ocomain Offline

Tony,

In regards to the new Korg TR, I keep checking Korg's website for the new manual and voice list but nothing yet. Here's an interesting posting I found on the Irish Act's Korg Forums submitted by "jerrythek", Product Manager for Korg USA:

"The 64 MB of ROM in the TR includes 32 MB of new PCM, including a new stereo, velocity switched Steinway piano (taken from the
same sessions as used in the much larger OASYS). There are a number of acoustic instrument samples, some velocity switched, and many with captured performance elements, like built-in vibrato, string noises etc.

The "base" 32 MB is the same as found in all TRITON models (Classic, Le etc.) si it can have compatibility with many sounds/sequences.

We have voiced a large number of new Programs and Combis using this new source - it really sounds very fresh!

The other main new features for our low-end workstation line are the USB MIDI and SD card storage.

Did you know that the TRITON Le has been the top-selling model in all the TRITON line for some time now, and is actually the #1 selling
workstation in the US?

So there are a LOT of musicians who continue to look for a very affordable, great-sounding workstation. And for you, we now offer the
TR."

In regards to choir sounds, Sharp (James Tubbrit) who owns and operates the Irish Acts Recording Studio, has a wonderful product
called "Vocal Assault" that would work with the new TR keyboard (there are numerous demos on his site). According to Sharp, "Vocal
Assault is a collection of 64 programs powered totally by real human voices sampled here at Irish Acts Recording Studio’s. Lets face it, the human voice is by far the most unique and powerful instrument ever, and once captured as detailed multisamples and programmed correctly. You can be taken on a journey straight into the deepest magically movie soundtracks right through to solo voices.

If I where asked to describe Vocal Assault, I would say think of a cross between Enya and Lord Of The Rings. But don’t take my word for
it. Listen to a selection of the solo demo’s and make up your own mind."

I'm hoping that one of the local music stores has a TR in stock this coming week so I can play around with it. I ended up buying a Roland GW-7 arranger this week because of its diverse soundset of world instruments, its portability and low price (under 600.00). I already have a wonderful Fantom X setup but miss having an arranger keyboard for quick and easy songwriting. Now I'll be able to import my GW-7 songs (composed outside my studio) as MIDI data into the Fantom X sequencer and polish them off with better sounds, fx and audio tracks.

Tony, I've been there myself...getting rid of the music gear, taking a bit of a break until I couldn't take it anymore! When you have music in your soul, the muse cannot be suppressed for too long! Taking a break can be extremely worthwhile because we all need to take care of other things in our sometimes "crazy" lives and when we come back to making music, we start afresh with a sharper focus. Sounds like you are in a good place indeed to start anew! Great to have you back!

Michael

#137583 - 11/19/05 02:38 PM Re: What shall I get?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
IF it's a piano you want.
try a clavinova with a Midijay or with a software arranger http://www.1manband.nl/omb.htm
(I've got a clp170)

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#137584 - 11/19/05 03:38 PM Re: What shall I get?
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi All,
Thanks again for the encouragement.

Well I went to my local dealer today and had a play about. The only decent arrangers he had in were the Ty 1 and the PA1x. Already having owned a TY a gave that a miss and had a little play with the korg. As I arrived someone was just walking out with the last EXR 7s so I never got a chance to audition that. (I so wanted to love that board!) He is getting a supply of G70's next week so I am going back to have a look at them.

I went to have a look in the synth section and fell in love with a Triton studio 88. It was a delight to play (wonderful keys) but he would not budge from £1800 .... I thought that a bit much considering I have never owned a synth before and may not be able to get used to it.

However I did play (and eventually bought) a Roland RS-70 .....

At least I have something to play now. It is quite strange getting used to the different way of doing things (as opposed to an arranger) but some of the sounds on it are excellent! I am hoping I pick it up quite quickly because if I do I am going to plump for the Triton 88.

Like you Michael I think I will end up with an arranger too to help with my song writing. Otherwise it is going to take me an age to get anything written.

At least I have something to play whilst I am looking for what I really want. The danger was that I would rush into buying anything just to have something.
Best wishes
Tony

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 11-19-2005).]

#137585 - 11/19/05 04:47 PM Re: What shall I get?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Tony,
maybe you could look at software options for songwriting.
Programs like Jammer Pro 6, Band in a Box , OMB
They work with styles in their own format. OMB uses psr .sty files.
Jammer Live & OMB can even be played in realtime like an arranger.
All you need is your computer midied to your keyboard.
Give you something to play around with till you get the setup of your dreams ( haahaa)
The programs have demo's to try before you buy. If you're interested I'll get you the links.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tony W:
[B]

However I did play (and eventually bought) a Roland RS-70 .....

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online