SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#136020 - 02/24/05 04:21 PM Re: Single-finger chords - a question
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Clif you are right..Even with the arranger set in intelligent mode, a mono input[midi wind instrument] would read a maj chord recognition but no way to add a second note[polyphony shortcoming] to read a min , 7th etc.

#136021 - 02/25/05 08:47 AM Re: Single-finger chords - a question
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I never played in pianist mode, cause :
-The chord I want is never the good !!
-If I change a note of the melody in the right hand, and let the left hand pressed with the chord, the chord will change !!
-If you play a flute , or sax, or brass... or every solo instuments, you can't use the pianist mode...
But I know, for a good pianist, it's difficult to play the left hand with chords, whitout directly listen what they are playing... and they always plays somtimes just the bass of the chord... It taked time for me to play with chords...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#136022 - 02/25/05 09:45 AM Re: Single-finger chords - a question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I haven't seen many trained pianists who can make a smooth transition to arranger chord play. I suppose it's too simple. Scott Yee is an exception!
My mother, who is 83, has played piano and organ for 80 years, but doesn't know a chord if one hit her in the face. She can play anything from music, but not even Happy Birthday without music unless she has memorized it.
DonM

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online