SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#135420 - 01/12/07 10:49 PM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
squeak, sorry but i believe you are wrong there...most of these keyboards can actually send out the arp/arranger info via the midi out..they usually have a software RX/TX midi data somewhere in the system menus... in effect all the minimo would be used for would be generating the patterns, none of the voices, and whislt the s90es would be used as the controlling keyboard the ES sound engine would also be used (128 note poly) so poly is not an issue....that is of course unless yamaha make it deliberately not available to the midi out..
cheers

#135421 - 01/13/07 07:39 AM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Here's another reply from one of the big-dogs of the Motif Forum. Someone who has even put their hands on the MM6 too.

---------------------------------------------
Having spent quite a lot of time playing the MM6 I have to report that the polyphony is a bit of mystery. 32-voice would seem to be on the light side. However, despite playing layerered sounds using clustered chords on top of fairly dense Performance backings, nothing chokes and it all sounds great.

To echo YamahaUS's comment about this being a different and new type of animal. It really is. It has the sonic heft of a Motif but with instant gratification features of beats, arps, and (pretty darned sophisticated) chord recognition. It's one of those instruments you just can't help but 'keep on playing.'
---------------------------------------------
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#135422 - 01/13/07 08:32 AM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I think Yamaha made a mistake by calling it the Mini-Mo. Yammie should have called this new model The DJX-Pro, or something else with the DJX tag to it.

Advertising it as a DJX with Motif Classic sounds would have IMO really caught the attention of buyers considering how well the orginal Yamaha DJX did. Hell even today the original DJX's patterns exceed the modern styles on current arrangers.

Maybe so, but I know nothing about the DJX. The Motif name and sound generation is what appeals to me.

#135423 - 01/13/07 08:38 AM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Good thing about it is you'll have a KB with USB to device for instant midifile playback,USB controller with mod wheel,sustain and exp pedal,4 knobs and motif classic sounds.Good deal to me. Keys will still suck like Mo line.But it's 5 Kg(14 lbs)-great for it's features.

[This message has been edited by jamman (edited 01-13-2007).]

#135424 - 01/13/07 09:27 AM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

Hell even today the original DJX's patterns exceed the modern styles on current arrangers.

The DJX's Modern styles were killers, and were easily much better than most other arrangers...problem was the chord recognition was limited.

I hope this is improved on the MM6.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#135425 - 01/13/07 11:00 AM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Here is the demo site > http://www.yamahasynth.com/demos/index.html

Impuls/Soryt.

#135426 - 01/13/07 12:40 PM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Unfortunately, I was not able to download the demo MP3. It seems that the MP3 are missing.

Thanks for the link anyway

George

#135427 - 01/13/07 01:47 PM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
i have just gone thru the info provided on the MM6 at the yamahasynth site and i may have to eat my words, it does seem to offer all that it says it does...i will seriously consider placing an order for one , AFTER i can hear some demos...i guess yamahasynth won't post the demos until NAMM has started???
certainly looks the business though!!
dennis

#135428 - 01/13/07 03:34 PM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
can you load styles in this thing? You know like the styles we all have from other arrangers.

#135429 - 01/14/07 09:55 AM Re: New Yamaha MM6 (might have arranger features!)
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
The DX-7 was cool.

yes, very cool for its time..nothing like it. BUT..
it sounded very out of tune for most sounds when you got
below or above the 3 g-g middle octaves. i was strictly
a sax player/singer then,( had a dx7 as a home toy) guys
were bring dx-7 to gigs and I told them: leave it home,
please-- you can't play on my gig w/that out-of tune ax.

------------------
Miami Mo

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online