SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#135254 - 10/29/05 06:22 AM Tyros2 presentation
Roel Offline

Today my dealer organised the first Dutch presntation of Tyros2, played by Marco Riedijk..... a great keyboardist/entertainer!

The shop was filled with, I guess > 100 people and all were 'shocked' because of this mighty machine.
Great to meet Arno (Impuls) in person and we had a nice chat.

I can only guess how many T2's are sold this morning The presentation is still going on till 17:00h

Great job Henk !! ..... and of course Marco !

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-01-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-01-2005).]

#135255 - 11/01/05 04:32 PM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Roel Offline

Some pictures of the show.
150 people visited the show from 11:00 to 17:00h

To create enough space Oostendorp had to move about 15-20 organs to the 1st floor.... a hell of a job !

#135256 - 11/01/05 05:05 PM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Roel

Looks like a nice turn-out.... funny thing, no one looks to amazed or even interested. Thanks for the pics.

#135257 - 11/01/05 05:09 PM Re: Tyros2 presentation
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Nice pics, Roel. Must have sounded great with what looks like quite a sound system. Thanks for posting.

Glenn

#135258 - 11/02/05 12:00 AM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Roel Offline

Lou,
Everybody was VERY interested and enjoying the show... this is how Dutchies (and some German) look/behave when deeply impressed..... sorry for that

#135259 - 11/04/05 07:32 AM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Dnj Offline

The turnout looks great.....I wonder why in europe there is so much more enthusiasm compared to the USA regarding arranger KB's........I betcha many here would love to atend these kind of KB sessions........I remember performing a few back in the 80's for different companies but they have since dwindled to almost none.....your lucky to even find top arramgers in stores today & I live in teh biggest market population area between New York City & Philadelphia.....
anyay great to see so many enjoying Arranger KB music, its come along way & I hope will continue to do so n years to come..

PLAY MUSIC EVERY DAY!!

#135260 - 11/04/05 11:45 AM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Donny,

I think I can answer that somewhat:
It is for the same reason why alot of Chinese do Tai Chi in the park every day.
it's good for your body mind and spirit.

What I'm trying to say is that it is a completetly different culture.
Unless you have traveled to other countries and have spent some time there, it is hard to explain.

A lot of americans look for fast and instant gratification. That's why we have Mc Donalds and SO many other fast food places.

Europeans (used to) know that a good meal takes time to prepare and cook and it's worth the wait.
So is learning an Instrument.

The other thing is that most americans want to BE entertaint rather than get up and do something themselfes... see all those stupid reality shows on TV.
Plus having a MP3 player who needs to play?

I hate to say it, but you, Don, UD, Fan and some others are a few exceptions and a dying race...

Just look at how many youngsters from the US are here on the board.
Our youngest recent new member is 17. But wait he is from Romania..... Europe.

It is a cultural upbringing kinda thing; just like americans grow up with football and it's in their veins, Europeans grow up with culture: music, lot's of museums, ancient churches and buildings etc.

You have to grow up with it. It's hard to teach.

Hope this helps

Eric

#135261 - 11/04/05 01:21 PM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
Hi Donny,
I hate to say it, but you, Don, UD, Fan and some others are a few exceptions and a dying race... Eric

I have taken this thought process and capitolized on it tremendously....
making it work in my favor
The more people drop out of the "BIZ" ....
Im right there to fill the gap baby....& will continue to do so for a long time coming

#135262 - 11/04/05 03:03 PM Re: Tyros2 presentation
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
A lot of americans look for fast and instant gratification. That's why we have Mc Donalds and SO many other fast food places.

Eric, by this reasoning wouldn't it seem then like arrangers would be just what Americans want? Why buy motif and Triton where you have to compose from scratch when you can have Tyros and PA1X where it could be argued the composition has somewhat been done for you?

------------------

#135263 - 11/04/05 03:58 PM Re: Tyros2 presentation
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hey Donny:
"The more people drop out of the "BIZ" ....
Im right there to fill the gap baby....& will continue to do so for a long time coming "
Way da go Keep on rockin..

FAEbGBD:
"Eric, by this reasoning wouldn't it seem then like arrangers would be just what Americans want? Why buy motif and Triton where you have to compose from scratch when you can have Tyros and PA1X where it could be argued the composition has somewhat been done for you?"

The answer is simple:
the original question was regarding so many people having an interest in arrangers in a dutch store during a presentation.
Most of these people and people playing in Europe are home entertainer for their own and their family/friends enjoyment.
That's what's missing in the US.
They are the average person with few Pro's present.

Of course you're completely right with your statement, but most people who buy a synth are in a band and/or are serious musicians.

The average person in the US wouldn't buy one.
But the average person in Europe would buy an arranger to just have some fun and play out on occasion.
That's the difference I was trying to explain in my above post.
I'm talking average person vs (Pro) musicians.

Hope this clarifies it a little better.

Matter of fact is: lot's of arrangers being sold in Europe but not in the US.
Proffessional musicians in a band or studio etc prefer synth's.
In the US as well as Europe. Same there.

There you have it. Different mentality and upbringing.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online