SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#134780 - 06/03/05 06:00 PM Re: Arrangers that allow tempo changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,

I guess I should also point out that on the Genesys you can assign a footswitch to increase or decrease the tempo of the currently playing style or song. So if you plug footswitches into the pedal 1 and pedal 2 input and assign 1 to Tempo> and 2 to Tempo< you can increase/decrease tempos hands free.

Or you could save the tempo changes of a style in various Memories and switch between them for the tempo changes throughout the song. I would assign one or two pedals to Memory advance < and > so I wouldn't have to take my hands from the keyboard.

Or you could record your style performance as an Easy Song and while you were entering chords with your left hand, you could use the Tempo dial to increase/decrease the tempo in real time. Then when you play that song back, you could play the melody, sing or whatever and let the tempo change completely automatically.

Or……the fact is there are several ways to accomplish this (and many other things) on the Genesys.

With the new Genesys S series, up to three Multi-Pedal units can be connected. Each Multi-Pedal has 9 footswitches that can be assigned to many functions including the two I mentioned above. So other pedals could be assigned to Start/Stop, Freeze Chord, Vocal Harmonizer On/Off, etc.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 06-03-2005).]

#134781 - 06/07/05 06:01 AM Re: Arrangers that allow tempo changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi SemiLiveMusic,

Just curious if you checked out the Ploytec 34one tap tempo pedal to solve your song tempo change problems?

I noticed you hadn't responded to any of the posts in your thread so I bumped it back to the top in case you forgot you had posed the question in the first place.

Best Regards,

Dave

#134782 - 06/07/05 07:00 AM Re: Arrangers that allow tempo changes
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Just curious if you checked out the Ploytec 34one tap tempo pedal to solve your song tempo change problems?

Yep, I did and that is very cool, indeed. That's really an innovative product.

I guess sometimes you could have a drummer wear headphones so he could sync his playing to an arrangers steady beat?

Well, what about letting the drummer do his thing and the keyboard player is adjusting his tempo with this device?

#134783 - 06/07/05 08:00 AM Re: Arrangers that allow tempo changes
Anonymous
Unregistered

Check THIS out.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry