SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134654 - 10/27/05 04:41 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I dont think the g70 can ever be made to sound like a psr 3000 let alone a tyros1. However you can make the tyros sound like the g70 how? U ask ..simple ..make sure the on/off button on your tyros is in the off position and then play as normal and hey presto it sounds like a g70

#134655 - 10/27/05 05:31 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Nielshs,

I didn't mean to put the G70 down in any way.
I was more referring to the X-1 and Sd-1 (I think ).

Even though I bought a T2 I think that all the top models right now like G70, PAX-1, T2 are great and you can't go wrong with either of these.

They all make fine music and I doubt that people will come up to you and say: " this sounds like crap and you don't sound like a life band at all".
Maybe one or two jealous people

What I was trying to say is that there are a lot of different sounding life bands out there and we have some different sounding boards right now with outstanding voices.
If "WE" bring a little heart and soul to it, we will sound more like a life band and make some terrific music

Even with my 9000Pro people came up to me and were astonished by it's sounds.

Let's all have fun with what we got right now and share some terrific music like Roel was trying to do.

At least I enjoy all of you guys and your music out there.

Eric

#134656 - 10/27/05 11:35 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:

Donny will probably NOT repond with "Hit on the head" this time

Donny has finished commenting on the T2...
I've heard enough. Enjoy

#134657 - 10/28/05 01:37 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Hi Roel,
thank you for the music, I could recognize that Yamaha's publicity department did a great job. And,-- there is absoluly no reason critisize the G-70. That's the second point I make out.
Greetings,
Hanspeter

#134658 - 10/28/05 04:37 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Wow, it's good to see the "PASSION" back and alive & well at Synthzone these days.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#134659 - 10/28/05 04:42 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

Hanspeter,

At first I did not understand your 2nd point but after rereading my post about the 192kbps rate.... it must have been my bad word-choice, because you read it as critics on the G70. I corrected it... sorry for that!

I tried to write the 128kbps of the Tyros2 music sounded not OK , now with the higher rate they sound much better

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 10-28-2005).]

#134660 - 10/28/05 06:18 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
ironhill Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
At first I did not understand your 2nd point
[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 10-28-2005).]

Hi Roel,
please don't pretend to be stupid. I know you're not, -- perhaps only a little bit emotional.
Greetings,
Hanspeter

#134661 - 10/28/05 07:07 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

What on earth is it, that some G70-owners need almost nothing to feel 'attacked' and react pretty aggressive ?

#134662 - 10/28/05 08:18 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Scott thanks for posting those demos. I had a listen to them. I know there's so many here who are completely phyched about the T2, but I'm not impressed with these styles. The "Hammond" style really drove me nuts. Here's why. The distorted guitar that was used really sounds bad with the overdone fret noise. When playing a riff like that you don't get such an overbearing fret noise.

I think the T2 has really good sounds. I love the new SA voices (that sax alone blows me away). I just can't get down with Yamaha's styles. I listened to the Funk style to show the drums and boy it was "classic keyboard funk". Sounded exactly like funk done on a keyboard.

Yamaha may have good sounds, easy interface, decent features, ect., but sorry to say (in my opinion) Yamaha is really weak in the styles. I don't think they sound natural at all. The guitar in that Hammond demo I think is a good example.

I think Yamaha could learn a thing or two from Ketron. I think Ketron has the best styles I've heard on keyboard. They sound so much more natural and more "live".

Personally I'd take an SD-1 over the T1 and T2 if I relied heavily on preset styles.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#134663 - 10/28/05 09:26 AM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

Squeak_D,

Thank you for your views on the 'few seconds' demo's played by me.
The "hammond" style isn't really a style but I took one of the hardrock styles with the rotary-tonewheel sound.

Not the style, but I tried to show the leslie-effect with speed-up/down.

It's obvious we all think different, I played the SD1 for more than four years(!) and I loved it. I owned them all SD1, PA1XPro and G70 but this new baby Tyros2 is the best one ever IMHO.

Have fun and enjoy your gear.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online