SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#134644 - 10/27/05 02:33 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Andrea LOL

#134645 - 10/27/05 02:47 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
Thank you Roel. Hope the Dutch will help me next week.

#134646 - 10/27/05 02:51 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Bubbi Offline

These brass is amasing. Is it Roland or What

#134647 - 10/27/05 02:54 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Roel, thanks for having Scott post your demos, I enjoyed listening to them and gave me a chance to compare the demos to another SZ player's demo of a G70..
Not having a chance to play either keyboard, but only comparing sounds via MP3 demos,,,I am more impressed...with the G70 then before..
I sense in your posts the last few weeks, that you are irritated at me[why?]..

As for the "PRO" slinging comments..Search all my post, I have never used the word "PRO" in describing myself...I don't have to acclaim this...those that know me...it is a given..

My antique 1998 G1000 still does the job I need it to do..even today...
I never said it was the best keyboard of all..I said it to be, the best for my own needs..

If I mention I do not like a product, I give specific reasons why I do not like it..

If you read my post , you know I have owned and played "modern" keyboards..I just make educated choices of what works for me and "Dump" the others[sarcasm]..

I respect choices made by others, and do not condemn a particular board totally...maybe a few specifics why I pass on any particular board.. I have done this with every major brand , not just Yamaha..

As for ridding ourselves of the "old" and getting "modern".If Scott dumps his Steinway, and the guitar guys dump their ES335's, and sax guys dump their Selma's...and they all buy "Modern" Yamaha pianos, Yamaha guitars, and Yamaha sax......Maybe I'll get modern and dump my G1000....................
Not a chance!!!

For the Record, the best sounding , feature laden keyboard I have owned even to date was the[1999] Ketron X1..
Was it the best performance instrument for me...NO,NO,NO...

#134648 - 10/27/05 02:57 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Roel and Scott,

thanks for posting some demos so fast.
Roel I liked your playing a lot.

Hi Nielshs and otheres that look for that "life sound"

actually some of the stuff did sound very much life to me.
I had this conversation with another forum member recently.
There are all kinds of different bands and musicians out there. Some are in a cheap bar with a crude sound ( actually a lot )
If you look for that kind of sound, the T2 won't have it.

Then there are some bands/ musicians where you have to pay a little money to see them and hear them. There sound is much better and more pollished, because there sound system is better and they can "PLAY" better.
( Closer to the T2 sound.)

Then there are some that are world class.
Sometimes when you go and see them there isn't much difference between them and a CD recording. Why? Because they are top noch proffessionals and they have the best equipment. But they are a life Band/musician and are playing life.
Again sounds like T2 from what you guys are saying.

I've heard some of the best musicians and orchestras in the world life, and again some sound very similar to a CD.
Does that make their perfomance boring or less life like?
Not in the least. They are the best because they have what it takes: heart and soul.

The quetion here is now what do you want to sound like?: a cheap band with a crude sound in a dark smoked filled bar; or imagine yourself playing life on a world stage with some of the best musicians backing you up.

Well you know my opinion.

Eric

#134649 - 10/27/05 03:04 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Bubbi Offline

Fran are you saying that we the others are not taking educating choiches. Iīve been playing arrangers since the first Rolands so I think that I am well enough educated in this business. I am playing pro 3 to 8 times a month. I have played all of them and liked them all. But these Rolands are history. If you still like it, please keep on doing that but the others are moving forwards.

#134650 - 10/27/05 03:23 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
zuki Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreamer:
Wow! That Tyros 2 sounds really impressive: I want one!
Hey, wait a minute... I already own one!

LOL - You've been too long under the earphones

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#134651 - 10/27/05 03:32 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
nielshs Offline

Eric says:
Quote:
The quetion here is now what do you want to sound like?: a cheap band with a crude sound in a dark smoked filled bar; or imagine yourself playing life on a world stage with some of the best musicians backing you up.

You can make the G-70 sound as a live band, and ajust the sound and make it sound "Tyros alike". You canīt do that with the Tyros.
BTW the G-70 live sound is not like a cheap band but sounds like a PRO band.

#134652 - 10/27/05 03:43 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Roel Offline

Niels,
Thanks for your votes
Please can you post a demo with the G70 sounding like a Tyros2 ?

Do I want the T2 sound like a G70 ? Don't think so .... ha!

Scott : Thank you so much for hosting my files.

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 10-28-2005).]

#134653 - 10/27/05 03:58 PM Re: This Tyros2 in ABSOLUTELY the best I've heard in my life !!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
VERY Quick Take unrehearsed recordings performed by Roel DeJonge on Tyros2:

Big Band Swing1 Style 192kbps MP3

Beguine Style 192kbps MP3

BigBand Slow Style 192kbps MP3

HammondRock Style 192kbps MP3

Milonga Style 192kbps MP3

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-27-2005).]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online