SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#133671 - 07/24/05 03:01 PM How to post pictures on the Forum?
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
How do i send pictures of the modified Tyros musicstand brackets to the forum/ Bob L.

#133672 - 07/24/05 03:41 PM Re: How to post pictures on the Forum?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Ain't nothin' to it! I'll call you.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133673 - 07/24/05 10:17 PM Re: How to post pictures on the Forum?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gary. Can you also give the anwer here so others can gain the how-to-do.!!!

#133674 - 07/24/05 10:30 PM Re: How to post pictures on the Forum?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

#133675 - 07/25/05 05:20 AM Re: How to post pictures on the Forum?
travlin'easy Offline

First, you need someplace to place the photos, which in most instances is free space provided by your internet service provider (ISP).

Next, you'll need an File Transfer Protocol program (FTP) which will allow you to upload the photos to that location. I use WS-FTP-LE which until recently was a free program. It works great.

After uploading the files to the allocated free space provided by your ISP, locate the file at that address, right click the file and click properties. Now highlight the file's address (http;//www.whereever.com/photo.jpg) and click copy.

The next step is to make it viewable to those on the Synthzone. In the body of your message type [ img ] http;//www.whereever.com/photo.jpg [ /img ] and the photo will appear at that point in your message. You can paste the photo's address by right clicking after typing [ img ]. Additionally, there should be no spaces in the total address, including the box brackets []. The only reason I left spaces is so they will be visible in this text.

Try to make the photos as small as possoble, with a resolution no greater than 72 dots per inch (DPI). Higher resolutions take longer to load. Some photo programs, such as Adobe Photoshop, have an Internet Ready save feature for photos, which makes setting the resolution and size an easy task.

If you do not know where your free space is located, the best bet is to call the Help Desk or Support Center for your ISP on the phone and get them to walk you through the process.

Hope this helps,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 07-25-2005).]

#133676 - 07/25/05 05:42 AM Re: How to post pictures on the Forum?
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Gary, typo... your http; should be http: -- just pointing it out.

#133677 - 07/25/05 11:12 AM Re: How to post pictures on the Forum?
travlin'easy Offline

Here are the two images that Bob wanted to post. I'll leave it up to him to supply the captions, but if I recall he said something about a music holder.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online