SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132983 - 01/06/02 07:29 AM New PSR2000 os ver. Yet?
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Does any one know if Yamaha has a new os ver.in the works for the near feature? I think it needs it. Even though I feel this is a great sounding machine, it has a few "quirks" that I am unhappy about, namely:
Long, intricate and confusing Registrations procedure.
Saving of "global settings" not available or clear.
Lack of an assignable "multiple (more than two switches)foot pedal contoller".
Lack of an easy accesible Mic volume control (try find it in the back of the K/B while playing Tico Tico!)
Naming files. I'd rather do it using the keys on K/B.
Anyway; I still like this keyboard a lot for the sounds and how seemlessly it does what is told to do. It just needs a new OS ver. and it should be an "almost" perfect K/B arranger.

#132984 - 01/06/02 08:07 AM Re: New PSR2000 os ver. Yet?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mario,
The mic control on the back of the unit is a "level set". You set that first and then use the buttons on the front of the screen to make changes in volume. Think of it as a master gain - set it, and forget it.

#132985 - 01/06/02 09:55 PM Re: New PSR2000 os ver. Yet?
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Mario
I agree. Yamaha made a mistake when they changed the "naming" feature on the 2000. It was definitely much easier to use the actual keyboard to name files, registrations etc., in the way the 740 did it. Now, it's like setting up a fax or cell phone - pushing a lot of buttons!
Tom

#132986 - 01/06/02 10:00 PM Re: New PSR2000 os ver. Yet?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's only valid for 740 users. I never had a 740, and I like the way the 2000 does it. Makes perfect sense to me.

#132987 - 01/06/02 11:55 PM Re: New PSR2000 os ver. Yet?
Beakybird Offline

I owned a PSR740, and I have no problem with the PSR2000 registration system. I just wish they would incorporate a global setting feature so we could set up what mic, pedal, eq, etc. settings we would like when we turn on the keyboard. It's bothersome to have to press J>Registration Bank>Registration button in order to begin a show.

Larry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online