SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#132888 - 07/11/01 09:10 PM Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
MichaelSydney Offline

I am soooo much in need of the Solton SD1 but the problem is here in Australia is that one distributor is selling the X1 without HD for $7000 AUD (3500 US) and he tells me that the SD-1 which he has not heard of yet will be around the 8000AUD (4000US)..

The other Distributor is and absolute moron who buys one X4 and takes it back to australia on board the plane.. Dunno how that works.. So as you can see, the distributors are a bunch of cowboys with no idea.!! SO MY QUESTION IS ...

Where do i get one !!!!.and what is the prices that peopel have bought their SD1's for ?? .i called Ketron in Italy and they wont speak to me, they say go to to the dealer in your country..The next thing i tried was talking to a dealer in Thailand and Korea BUT i dont speak their language. and they are the closest geographiclly to Australia to get one sent.

I read somehwere abot the power issues also so i do not know what sort of power is used in those countries. We use 240volts.

So can ANYONE tell me the best way of getting this Keyboard at a more realistic price. I understand the costs involved in sending which is about 500AUD dollars and the import tax we have is 10% and thats it, so if someone can help THANKS..

Last thing..Does the SD1 have the same sound as the X1 with respect to the mandolin sound as i play CROATIAN music and need the mandolin (tamburitza) sound...and finally BOSNIAN drum patterns also..

I currently use an Roland XP-80 and a Roland MC-80 which i will be sellign to cover the costs of a SD1..PLEEEZE HELP ME !!!!

#132889 - 07/11/01 09:20 PM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Hi Michael,
try this link; I know that they ship worldwide. Hope this helps http://www.synthplanet.com

#132890 - 07/12/01 01:48 AM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
MichaelSydney Offline

I tried that web site..Cost is a bit steep there..Called a dealer in Slovenia and they have it for $1700US..

Any other Online Keyboard sellers that you know of or anyone can suggest will be greatly appreciated.

#132891 - 07/12/01 08:06 AM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
If you can get an SD1 for $1700US - buy as many as you can. You'll be able to make a killing on resale!

#132892 - 07/12/01 03:15 PM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Life would be so ---much easier if all keyboards came with power supplies like the Korg PA 80. This unit (and I believe some Roland units like the KF-90) come with power supplies that will produce the correct output voltage regardless which power source
is fed to it. I have seen the Korg PA-80 and it says -on the back(I believe) 110-240 Volts Ac, 50 -60 hz. The Yamaha 9000 pro and the Solton SD-1 both require a Voltage adaptor if you purchase either of these two units from
synthplanet and want to use it in North America. I don't think you can beat synthplanet's price-It's just this power supply problem and warrenty issues that you have to consider.Check with synthplanet-perhaps the Euro voltage and frequency is the same as in Ausi land and the Solton SD1
or the Yammie 9000 pro would work without power adapters. You would think Yamaha and Solton would get on the 'band-wagon' (like Korg) and produce these units with one power supply-then all you would have to change is the power cord-regardless of the country the unit is shipped to.

------------------

#132893 - 07/14/01 02:16 AM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
Roel Offline

Michael,
If you buy from Synthplanet (Belgium) you won't need a powerconverter because the europeans all use 240V 50Hz.
Roel

#132894 - 07/14/01 05:25 AM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
Michael
who did you contact in Slovenia.
N Aziz

#132895 - 07/14/01 07:06 PM Re: Price of SD1 and importation to Australia
MichaelSydney Offline

I contacted the distributor in SLovenia who is on the KETRON web site under the European dealers.

They have to resend it from Italy to Slovenia and then on to Australia.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online