SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#131864 - 05/01/05 04:35 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Roel Offline

Like Scott I was a member of the Technics Canada Forum (greatwestmusic.com).
In June 1999 I found this forum and never left. For me the forum is a great place to be because of the fantastic 'family' of members and the knowledge they (we) have.
Wherever I can I try to help, like the most of us do.
I daily visit a couple of times.

Nigel does a great job running this forum... thanks Nigel !
Can you produce statistics about the number of visits per day?

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 05-03-2005).]

#131865 - 05/01/05 07:19 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I think I first found my way here through the Yahoo PSR groups and/or SVP World. I had just sold my Korg iX300 and gotten into a PSR2000. It might also have been the korg i group forum. But anyway, I came to find out more about my 2k but found that there was much more here than just techie stuff. I stay because it's the friendliest and most active group around. I have two laptops - work and hoome - and one or the other is usually a click away from the SZ.

Even though arranger playing is only a small part of my music work, knowing what is new and keeping up on the latest gossip is great fun for me.

#131866 - 05/01/05 07:55 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
The Devil made me do it.

After getting a PSR 9000 I, somehow, found my way to the Yahoo PSR Song and Styles groups and Simon's SVP World..pretty much like Cassp did. I learned a wealth of information about the 9000 and even bought a HD from Vince (the Music Man)Cochran. I was working a restaurant 6 nights a week and the 9000 was great for that job. But, after a year, the restaurant was sold and it was time to seek new horizons and lighter gear.

Enter the Devil. Don Mason. (Well, maybe not a devil, but definately devilish.)

Our life experiences were very similar. So, when he said SynthZone was a one of his favorite forums, I had to check it out. And, I am so glad I did. It has only cost me about ten thousand dollars.

I went from the 9000, to the 740, then two 2000's, a 3000, two JBL 15s, the Bose PAS and assorted other gear.

While members here at the Zone taught me a lot about the gear, they also kept me humble in that the more I learned the more I found out there was to know.

In the process, some genuine friendships were formed. Several members have been down my way to visit and there have been some pleasant phone chats across the country. (If my line is busy...you can blame Gary. ).

Information, files, gear and humor have been shared over the last couple of years...making the Zone a place I have to check daily. Thanks Nigel.

Eddie

#131867 - 05/01/05 09:18 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
drdalet Offline

Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
I owned a Yamaha DX7 and a Roland MT32, all rather old stuff, and wanted to get back into muscimaking, but what hold me back was ... accompaniment. I didn't like arrangerkeyboards untill I heard about the Tyros. There were perfect demos on the net and I fell in love with the sound. But I knew nothing about arranger keyboards. So searching the internet I came to this forum.
I stayed some time because I was not in a hurry to buy it and besides I thought I should start with a cheaper keyboard to find out if I really wanted this. So I listened to the PSR2000 and I didn't feel it was very bad to start with. Like the information about the Tyros, I came to the forum to find everything out about the PSR2000. When I already had the money in my pocket to buy it I heard about the PSR3K and decided it was worth waiting for. And again I relied on the forum.

Now I have the PSR3K and I don't come to the forum as much as I used to. But now it has become a habit to go to this forum once in a while.
Like right now.
drdalet

------------------
drdalet

[This message has been edited by drdalet (edited 05-04-2005).]

#131868 - 05/02/05 07:44 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
At the beginning of 2003 I wanted to change my Roland VA-7 for a Tyros or a 9000Pro, and I find great info and support here.

I bought the 9000Pro of an incredible SZ´s member, Francisco Albuquerque - "Chico Brazil". I flew until Belo Horizonte, distant about 450 miles from São Paulo, to get my new keyboard and watch the Chico´s show, "Bossa in Concert". There I knew other incredible member of SZ, Andrea Rotolo - "Dreamer". He flew from Rome, Italy, to play in Brazil only for pleasure.

This kind of thing only happens in this Forum.

I don´t write that often (because my bad English) but I read almost daily the most interesting topics.
There are amazing people in Synthzone General Arranger Keyboard Forum.

Thanks and regards to all.
Armando

#131869 - 05/02/05 09:56 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I came here with BeBop when the old technics forum became 'censorville' ... maybe that's why I don't mindOT discussions ...
t.

#131870 - 05/02/05 10:22 AM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I came here with BeBop when the old technics forum became 'censorville' ... maybe that's why I don't mindOT discussions ...
t.

Myself I came before that, 1999 or so under another nick, but it was when I created my first website and started add stuff regarding Technics. Lost the password etc, in a PC crash, and created this one in 2001 I think.

Who knows Tony, maybe this place would be "cencorville" as well if we start act like the way who made Technote close the board?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#131871 - 05/02/05 12:24 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by SD_FAN:
I don´t write that often (because my bad English) but I read almost daily the most interesting topics.

Hi, Armando! I think your english is very good...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

[This message has been edited by Sheriff (edited 05-02-2005).]

#131872 - 05/02/05 12:40 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Thanks Sheriff, but I spend hours to write some lines. For larger texts, my wife helps me.

Cheers.
Armando

#131873 - 05/02/05 01:08 PM Re: What brought you to the SZ Gen Arranger Forum and What KEEPS you here?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
t.

... and I STAY here because of all of YOU !!! ....
t.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online