SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#130643 - 02/09/02 02:31 PM Powertracks :Pro rediscovered
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
After I upgraded Total Recorder it wouldn't seem to get along with Windows ME.
So I decided to try Powertracks Pro. I had version 6, so upgraded to version 7.0.
It is a really fantastic, 48-track sequencer for both midi and audio. I'm playing with an audio file now that I recorded on minidisk. It has all kinds of editing options, including effects such as Exciter and Enhancer, in addition to the expected ones. It also has built-in CD burner.
I'm sure Cakewalk and the other high-end sequencers have these functions, but the entire PT Pro package is just $29.00.
I've used it before for midi, but never got into the audio part. It's great! www.pgmusic.com
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-09-2002).]

#130644 - 02/09/02 05:39 PM Re: Powertracks :Pro rediscovered
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Hi Don,

It's great to hear that the simple and less expensive things still yield great results. Sometimes I find myself obsessing about which of the biggest and most expensive software programs I would like to have. I think we're programmed very young to equate quality and excellence with a pricetag. That's why this forum is so valuable. We can get great advice from guys like you who give sound, grounded opinions because you've experienced all different kinds of success and failure with different equipment. I am still in "no-mans land" as I haven't decided which way to go yet, Hard Disk Recorder (Korg, Roland, Yamie) or computer studio. But one thing I do know, it's going to be simple with quality equipment. Thanks again for sharing the Power Tracks experience Brian

#130645 - 02/10/02 04:43 AM Re: Powertracks :Pro rediscovered
technicsplayer Offline

agree about the value, the only thing I missed was a decent piano roll display, Have they put this in yet? You could edit on the score, and the measures view was great for cutting and pasting, and you had the event list, but a piano roll would just top it off.
Brilliant value for money though, and if you save midis from Band In A Box then Power Tracks displays the chord symbols from meta events in the midi !

#130646 - 02/11/02 06:24 AM Re: Powertracks :Pro rediscovered
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Don,

I've used Powertracks for a few years now. Believe it or not, I also direct the choir and praise band at my Church. I've used MusicTime Deluxe for writting out parts for the praise band. I guess that MusicTime Deluxe is no longer available. I'm looking for something simple that I can use to write out parts. Will the new PT do this?

Tom

Tom

#130647 - 02/11/02 07:41 AM Re: Powertracks :Pro rediscovered
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, but I haven't done it much. I did print out a part last year form my wife's choir at church and it was very easy.
Don

#130648 - 02/11/02 04:09 PM Re: Powertracks :Pro rediscovered
COMALite J Offline

Loc: Shreveport, LA, USA
I used to be a big fan of Power Tracks Pro Audio myself, and I don’t exactly hate it now. It’s quite good as a low-end audio and MIDI editor, but for general music composition, I am much more impressed with the even less-expensive ($15 shareware) Melody Assistant from Myriad Software (and in fact own a licensed copy of its bigger brother, Harmony Assistant, which is still only $68). See my post to Ryan about it in the “To Uncle Dave” Topic.

Don, when we do get together, I’ll be happy to show you the Myriad software in action. :-)

[This message has been edited by COMALite J (edited 02-11-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online