play with it, it is always set to the 500 standard drum set, when I
change it, it changes the drums in the song, I have went over the
manual and can't figure out how to get back to where I can play any
tone I want along with my midi songs. Please help, I miss playing
along. Thanks,

#13024 - 08/09/05 05:21 PM Re: Play along with midi
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Change your keyboard part[the actual part you play] to any other part/channel, except the drum channel[10]..
I usually select part/channel 16..the least conflicting part with a SMF.

You can also do a factory reset..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 08-09-2005).]

#13025 - 08/09/05 05:38 PM Re: Play along with midi
Mary T Offline

I don't want to factory reset, I have so many things setup and saved. I had got to the point where I was ready to do it just out of frustration. Where exactly would I go to change the "part"? I'm still learning all the menus. Thanks for your reply.

#13026 - 08/10/05 08:53 AM Re: Play along with midi
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
The 'mixer' button let you change any of the 16 channel tones (using the cursor to toggle thru the channels...the one you are 'on' will flash, on the display). The first 4 channels can be 'toggled thru', just by pushing the 'left/right' cursors. If you press the 'tone' button...the display will show the current tone for the channel that is flashing. If it is set to a drum (500 to 515)...then that channel will play drum sounds. If you punch in (as an example),'000' ...the tone will change to the piano. Just be sure to press the 'tone' button first...to display the tone selection.
On my Casio, when I play a SMF file...the channel that my keyboard is using (for me to play along with)...is 'channel 4' (you can see the 'bar' move when you play a note). The channel you see moving the bar, is the one which you need to set a 'musical' tone, like the piano.

Also, check out this site for more Casio wk helps: http://www.originalz.com/casio/casio_bbs/

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 08-10-2005).]

#13027 - 08/10/05 10:22 AM Re: Play along with midi
Mary T Offline

On my Casio, when I play a SMF file...the channel that my keyboard is using (for me to play along with)...is 'channel 4' (you can see the 'bar' move when you play a note).

-------------------------------------------
But my channel it sets for me to play channel 10, which is the drums. my first 4 channels are all set to piano it just will not let me play on those channels, there has to be a way to change that, it was always on channel one before when i first got it. and I played along just fine. Sorry, I'm sure its something probably simple I just can't find it. Thanks for the reply!

[This message has been edited by Mary T (edited 08-10-2005).]

#13028 - 08/10/05 12:40 PM Re: Play along with midi
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
Ok...try this:

1. Press the 'SMF Player button'

2. Press the 'cursor down' button until you see the display '10 Key Ch'. The '10' is the current channel...so it can be from '01 to 16'

3. Use your 'left/right' cursor, or the 'yes/no' buttons to change the selected channel.

4. Press the 'exit' button to get you back to the 'normal' display (just keep pressing/lifting off...until it stops changing).

5. Hopefully...that should get you set. Please post back if this fixes your setting.

#13029 - 08/10/05 02:09 PM Re: Play along with midi
Mary T Offline

I was just coming back to post that I finally figured it out, and I saw your reply. I found it where you just described. I guess casio calling it a key in the menu instead of channel was what was throwing me off. Thanks so much for your time.

[This message has been edited by Mary T (edited 08-11-2005).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online