SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12953 - 07/25/05 05:30 PM How to use the record the sequence in disk
angklung Offline

Loc: Merrylands, NSW. SYDNEY AUSTR...
Hi I am a new member.
I have Casio MZ 2000 for almost 3 years now. I still can't make use all the function of the keyboard eg save the data in the disk and to replay it again.

I play angklung instruments (shaken percussion made of bamboo, traditional instrument from Indonesia), I need to have backing tape for my angklung music.
At the moment I record the music in the track, and play back using my Sony hi fi then record it in the audio tape. I connect the keyboard to my hifi.

Is there anyway I can record it in my computer so that I can burn it on CD instead of using audio tape.
Can you suggest the easiest way to do it? as I have very little knowledge of using the very sophisticate instruments.

Thanks for your advice.

Winda
Angklung 4 Jesus

#12954 - 07/26/05 01:46 AM Re: How to use the record the sequence in disk
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You just need to connect the the output from your MZ-2000 to the line input on your computer. You probably will need to buy an adapter to convert the cable from your keyboard to the mini jack input on your computer.

You will have to play around with the input/ouptut levels to get a clean but hot sound and then record it on your computer using audio recording software. You will save out .WAV files that you can then write as tracks on a CD.

#12955 - 07/26/05 02:56 AM Re: How to use the record the sequence in disk
angklung Offline

Thanks for your reply. What recording software would you recommend me to have in my computer. I have cubase sx 2, but I am still unable to use it.

Thanks
Angklung for Jesus

#12956 - 07/27/05 01:28 AM Re: How to use the record the sequence in disk
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Any audio recording software will work just fine from the Windows Sound Recorder through to Cubase though Cubase would really be overkill for a straight forward stereo recording like this especially if you aren't familiar with the software.

You could use the Windows Sound Recorder but another free option is http://audacity.sourceforge.net/about/?lang=en which will record plus give you some editing capablility which is good for cleaning up starts and endings. And for free you can't beat the price.

#12957 - 07/29/05 02:24 AM Re: How to use the record the sequence in disk
angklung Offline

Thanks for your information. Have down load the free software you recommended. The only I need to buy is the audio cable from my Mz 2000 to my computer.
I just feel embarrassed, I have spent a lot of money for softwares but unable to utilise it properly.
I started with cubasis vst 3 then I bought Cubase studio case version then cubase sx 2.
And I have bought the tutorial DVD for cubase sx 3, and I attended the 6 hours classes. Still unable to know how to use this advance technology. At the moment I am just connect my keyboard to my hifi and doing it on real time recording.
I tried to save my file in a disk from MZ 2000. Try to play on my computer but I don't have the luck to do it correctly.

I am glad I found this website and can get some guidance from you. I hope you will be patient to teach me to make use of the staff I have.

Thanks heaps for your advice.

Angklung 4 Jesus

Winda

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online