SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#1291 - 01/10/03 11:22 PM Did You Get Ripped Off?
kaboombahchuck Offline

Loc: Arizona USA
It would appear that the large record companies thought they could get away with price fixing. Well, they were wrong. http://www.musiccdsettlement.com/english/default.htm

#1292 - 01/12/03 06:28 AM Re: Did You Get Ripped Off?
Equalizer Offline

Loc: Scotland
Yes, I did.

#1293 - 01/12/03 07:37 AM Re: Did You Get Ripped Off?
OldSchool Offline

Loc: Lexington, KY USA
It depends.

I will, of course, only participate in the purchase of music which is not the result of corporate greed and empty celebrity (which automatically excludes Brittany, Celine, Shania, any and all "boy groups," and anything advertised on Yahoo's home page). Those whining about the price of those "artists'" work have frankly made their own bed.

My CD is not a part of the lawsuit, and none of its purchasers - 3 co-workers, 5 family members (including 6 copies to my mother), and some guy from eastern Pennsylvania who I met here - have complained about the price. If you are one of those purchasers, refer all questions to my sister, who is a lawyer. She's not complaining, 'cause I gave her one.

"The Music Industry" should be shortened to "The Industry" - the percentage of its interests having anything to do with notes and sounds is so small as to be uninteresting.

Next topic of discussion: "The Fast Food Industry"...

#1294 - 01/13/03 01:34 PM Re: Did You Get Ripped Off?
Anonymous
Unregistered

In the US it is much recognised as a music business that parrellels the publication industry. (like books for instance)

MORPH!

#1295 - 01/14/03 07:39 AM Re: Did You Get Ripped Off?
tekminus Offline

I'm not in the states, but I'm quite sure I broke even with the records industry [insert evil laughter].

Now I can continue to download music, safe in the knowledge that the high CD prices weren't from piracy, but from the price cartel.

-tek

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online