SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#129260 - 08/19/06 07:53 AM What should this newbie buy?
zazi Offline

HI!

I hope i am posting this in the right section of the forum.... I was going to post it in the Korg section but there have only been a handful of new posts in the last 100 days so i thought i'd post it here instead.

I have been thinking about getting a keyboard workstation for years. I don't make music for a living, it's more of a past time. I currently use the latest version of Acid.

I'd like to buy something that allows me to play a wide variety of sounds and basically mix a track entirely on the workstation without having to revert back to my pc for anything except putting the track onto a disc. I know that some workstations have burn facilities but i've been told that it makes the price go up quite a bit.

I thought that the korg Karma would be best for me at one point... or maybe the triton le... i've only done research on korg and don't really know much about the other brands.

in any event, i'm planning to buy second hand as brand new is just too expensive.

does anyone have any words of advice for me on what to look for.... or some models to check out?
THANKS!

#129261 - 08/19/06 09:26 AM Re: What should this newbie buy?
casiobot Offline

Zazi,you can get in on the ground floor for *less* than ever before.Look into the Roland Juno G:

www.rolandus.com

Watch all the videos and listen to the samples.Then get on the horn to Sweetwater Music and order one up for only $995.

You will be *shocked*

Trust me!

#129262 - 08/19/06 09:39 AM Re: What should this newbie buy?
zazi Offline

Hi! Thanks for the site.
I've read through some of the
900us is quite a lot for an entry level work station when i can get a triton LE on ebay for about 500.... there's one going pretty cheap in spain, which is actually nearer to me than the U.S.

I don't mind the 2nd hand factor....

#129263 - 08/19/06 10:58 AM Re: What should this newbie buy?
MrEd Offline

Hi Zazi.

I'm not knowledgeable on workstations (and many many other things too )
but you came to a good place and should get some good input/feedback here.

This subject has also been discussed in General Discussion

when you narrow your list down take a peek at Synth Zones Wanted + To Buy
You may find a bargain right here.

If you want to see past discussions, use/press the 'search' link located towards the top-right side of the screen in each SynthZone forum. Enter some search words there.

Good Luck

PS: is the website that you list in your profile yours?

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 08-19-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online