SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#128494 - 02/01/05 03:38 AM it's about CEP2.0
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i know this is not the software room still i'd like to ask if someone here use CEP2.0 for recording. in software room is really not much of activity... and i am curious if someone makes recordings with pa80/50 and this piece of soft, which i use since two years ago and i am very happy with it. too bad is not a midi seqvencer too. so, do you use this keyboard and this soft togheter?

#128495 - 02/01/05 07:21 AM Re: it's about CEP2.0
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I used to use CEP 1 for audio recording and Mastering. It's a very good product.

I don't use it much now because I use Sonar / FL studio for everything, and I have mastering plug ins that work well with Sonar.

The main reason for me is that Sonar will host FLS and all of my Vst plugins, and that it is midi capable.

I have the PA80 btw, but I don't use it much for studio work.

AJ

#128496 - 02/01/05 01:41 PM Re: it's about CEP2.0
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I use CEP since C96 (since 1997)
Upgraded untill version 1,2 , never bothered any further upgrade as it's doing all I need.

I also use Sonar but prefer CEP for *.wav recording and mastering.

CEP is in my opinion (for PC) the best wave recording software there is for a couple of reasons;
1. Low processor load
2. No blue screens
3. Easy to work with
4. Best software mastering tool there is for
a very reasonable price.

If you need to record your midi tracks, you could use a cheap sequencer program and from there record in Cooledit.
CEP has no problems with sequencer software being active while recording at the same moment.
f.i. Software Sequencer -> keyboard -> line out to line in audiocard -> recording wave tracks in CEP.

The other solution for PC's is an all in one;
Sonar
Cubase
Both are quite expensive and still don't have the mastercapabilities for *.wav recordings like CEP has.
If you want to use software based plugins there's no other solution, but looking at your topic I have the impression that is not the case.

Fred

#128497 - 02/02/05 12:07 AM Re: it's about CEP2.0
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
yes, CEP is the best i would say. i tryied as well some other programs, to make sure of getting the best from them, but CEP is really my first love! what i am asking is could i record in CEP my song, which is made with the PA and it's located in PA's sequencer, track by track, as .wav files and them work each one individualy and at the end mixdown everything. actually i know i could do that, but there is a problem with syncing PLAY from PA with REC from CEP. i know i could afterward fix each wav on tracks, but still, sometimes is not that handy... i also know you could somehow do this syncing trhu midi, but i didn't try it yet. btw, i don t have a pa yet, i try to figure out what is the best pa50 or psr1500.
can you make any suggestion? tnx

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online