SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12671 - 07/14/05 08:58 AM Casip WK- 3000 Midi play back and play along
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recentley got a wk 3000. When i play midi files through the unit from a PC I can not play along with them as the keyboard seems to be muted for live playing. I wanted to use the midi files as backing tracks, mute some of the melody channels and play live with them. Any ideas? is there a setting I am missing?

Tks

#12672 - 07/16/05 03:27 PM Re: Casip WK- 3000 Midi play back and play along
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
What you want to do is possible. If you notice, when you play notes on the Casio...to use the 'full keyboard', you want the 'mode buttons' all off. This allows all the keys to be used. You will also see that the 'channel 1' is the one that the keyboard uses, when you are playing on it. Make sure the volume is set up (mixer button/ cursor down to volume level...127 is all the way up). Make sur that the midi file isn't using channel 1 for the midi file (if so, just reassign the midi track to another channel).
Also make sure that you don't have the 'local keyboard' turned off (transpose button/cursor down 1, then cursor right to 'on/off Local') You want the local 'on'. Also, make sure that channel 1 has a tone set on it that is working (the 'user tones' may be blank...and won't make any sound). If you still have trouble, post again.

Also, check out the Casio User Forum at: http://www.originalz.com/casio/casio_bbs/

#12673 - 07/18/05 10:20 AM Re: Casip WK- 3000 Midi play back and play along
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tks Jim, I will try it and let u know how i got on.

Regards

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online